Nier 2

The sidequests all become available near the True Ending, so don’t worry too much about missing them.

Also, it took me six hours to clear Loop A from​ a fresh save on Normal, though about a half hour of that was fishing while talking to someone IRL. I did die, twice, near the end when boss damage started being way above what I could take.

I found like 10,000 money units in the resistance camp with it.

IT’S TIME TO CHOOSE

HEAVEN OR HELL

LET’S ROCK

• THIS CANNOT CONTINUE / コノママジャダメ
  • BECOME AS GODS / カミ二ナレ

0 voters

4 Likes

Needs Japanese equivalents, as the songs change.

There was something about that song that made me want to rely heavily on pod fire rather than melee attacks for the fight. 2B’s fantastic running animation and speed made circling around the boss at breakneck speed feel so RIGHT.

Edit: also, did anyone else notice that the song Emil plays from his little cart is just a major-key version of his theme from the first game?

3 Likes

I think I’m within an hour or two from the true end at this point and the game is seriously solidifying its modern classic status

1 Like

oh wow, the titles of the tracks on the OST are spoilers. Way to go, guys.

This game is the only thing I care about anymore

3 Likes

Man Loop B’s hacking minigame would be infuriating if I hadn’t figured out the lock-on mechanic for it. By which I mean it was infuriating for about half an hour until I figured out that was what you were supposed to do.

I wish the mechanic had some more structure to it so that it felt less like a minigame and more like its own thing. But then, this is also very much the Taro kitchen-sink design I’ve come to expect.

Loop B’s story? is weird. I can’t tell if I’m becoming happy or depressed or both and whether it’s intentional or this game is tugging at something more existential in my own head.

…you can lock on in the hacking game??

2 Likes

Yeah, at least on Normal mode. It’s the same button you use to lock to targets outside the hacking minigame.

As an aside, I really don’t want to play this game in hard mode so I’m hoping there aren’t any endings associated with the difficulty settings.

…I got the platinum trophy without ever knowing about that…

2 Likes

ha, same

That sounds like it sucked.

Also, when you unlock lore in the game is there a specific menu I need to go to in order to look at it?

you can lock on in the hacking??? that sounds a lot less fun!

you know you have twin stick controls, right?

3 Likes

finally picked up this game after playing the excellent demo

is there some kind of Yoko Taro primer out there, like a video or a link or something, of all the things and wacky shenanigans this dude has done? i watched that Super Bunnyhop video about Neir one and now i’m super curious as to what this dude’s deal is

With my setup I can only fire in the direction that I’m facing. My other stick, to my knowledge, didn’t change the direction of the shot (I tried, multiple times, to do this). Maybe a bug from using custom controller settings? I know I can control the camera just fine with the right stick when outside of hacking so it’s not the controller.

I’ve also had a couple of bugs where bosses froze in cutscenes - my character could move (the camera, in both cases, was weirdly locked to the ground and following my character in an odd manner) and the only thing I could do was attack and finish the boss - pod didn’t work, just melee and I couldn’t access any in-game menus, though I could pause. This happened on two bosses, once on the twins in the alien underground and on Eve at the end. No idea what caused it, though I think it has something to do with evading.

play Drakengards 1 and 3, and Nier 1

Get all of the endings in all of them

how about something i can do in 45 minutes

Nier is gonna be one of those “you had to be there during it” things that i’ll just never appreciate that much, huh

shoot