News VI: Fires of Rumorcon

(actually if you run mono-geo, you get a pass on using Zhongli, lord knows geo needs all the help it can get)

the best game writing has a two dollar patreon

13 Likes

There was a whole Namco Art Documentary series with English subs that got wiped because of low views and I never saw a word about it here or on Japanese twitter till it got wiped.

https://twitter.com/katewillaert/status/1660413557559656450?s=20

On archive grab it now.

8 Likes

So what they are saying is that giant itch bundle didn’t cost me $10, but tens of thousands of dollars?

I gotta go drastically re-adjust my budget from 2020, but I’m at least glad my tens of thousands of time dollars went to racial justice I’m sure that’s probably no longer a problem.

8 Likes

…or parry.

I probably shouldn’t be talking shit about what characters people run considering I tend to run some absolutely braindead comps (hyperbloom, Nilou bloom, anything Noelle/Itto) but I tend to cancel it out by running stuff that’s like punching myself in the balls (even thinking about using Eula, mono-pyro Dehya, my brain is too small for Childe but he whips), so it’s hard to say if I can criticize who people simp in their phone game discussion

while Beidou is still good, Yun Jin is kind of a niche support and no one plays Candace because she might be one of the worst characters in the game (damn, a bad female brown skinned character in Genshin? weird that it’s happened to all three of them)

1 Like

What can I say? That Beidou/Fischl/Xinqiu/Sucrose comp still turns stuff into mince last I popped into play a bit.

Also, it’s always fun being able to laugh off giant team-destroying boss attacks with a touch of a button.

nintendo have released a 3ds update. an anti-hacking update.

what a bunch of cunts.

10 Likes

seems like a normal firmware update - they did actually update some stuff. the anti-hacking bit seems to be a “bonus”

they patched the exploit for bannerbomb3, which isn’t surprising. notably, if your 3DS is already hacked, this won’t affect you. you can run the update and it won’t prevent you from doing homebrew.

if your 3DS isn’t softmodded and you update, you might have to wait a few weeks until they release a new exploit. shouldn’t be long

4 Likes

i got extra sd cards coming and an sd card reader, I should encase my 3ds in a fuckin faraday cage until the softmod is finished

also can we talk about how the 3dsxl is like a choice piece of hardware? solid construction. feels good in the hand. not to big or too small. does exactly what it needs to do. They hit it out the park.

5 Likes

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 10.55.14 AM

18 Likes

update regarding this:

seems like there really isn’t anything to the update other than patching bannerbomb3

so yeah, it seems to be exclusively an anti-hacking patch. apologies

there is a new exploit out already, somehow. those 3DS folks are fast

3 Likes

With the eshop down is there even a reason to ever let a 3ds connect to a network ever again

1 Like

the hshop app is very very convenient

and if you want to get petit computer games, that still works too, for some reason

2 Likes

really digging the art here

14 Likes

don’t get too excited (or do? if you like multiplayer shooters)

2 Likes

really just excited they decided to go back to the Marathon universe in some form, plus the incredible art direction.

1 Like
16 Likes

Art direction is excellent although living shooters is a genre I basically can’t interact with anymore. Used to play the original Marathon tons back in the day but never got past the first few levels.

2 Likes

Looking forward to SB digesting this

4 Likes