News VI: Fires of Rumorcon

only because they’re gonna hit us with the surprise darkstalkers 4 instead

1 Like
1 Like

Whatever SF6 has is not going to be as charming as Rival Schools’ Evolution Disc.

1 Like

Loathe as I am to use the words of the zoomers, that is a medical grade level of copium.

15 Likes

YESS ITS FINALLY ALMOST HERE god I’ve been waiting a decade

2 Likes

adam seltzer is doubling down on being a racist twit lol, glad i have no exposure to him other then through american friends, what an ass clown

also some stuff has come out about the pizza tower guy, but they at least show remorse about saying stupid shit when they were younger, though they should PROBABLY change that one enemy

6 Likes

pizza tower has fallen

8 Likes

my favorite part of this has always been the way he openly wonders why theres so much japanese on sony’s website

7 Likes

I think I got the fuck out when they went from electric play to x play and got jokey.

ZDTV was some high watermark weird shit, and G4 was hell on earth.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of these, huh

9 Likes

i got really upset about this. like hey, dumbfuck, you all said some really racist shit for like twenty years, directly contributing to an incredibly xenophobic industry that later turned games into the stupidest culture war (i was on the receiving end of things, i can call it stupid). you could at least say, “oh geez, maybe i shouldn’t have said those things. i’m sorry” and then okay, cool, we can start to move forward.

instead, all these thin-skinned motherfuckers quadruple down with these victim complexes and invoke the specter of gamergate because only the alt-right could ever have a problem with me or link to some google analytic that i guess is supposed to let us all know that getting paid $2000 a month on patreon to say white people are better than asian people is totally not fucked up at all. the reason i got upset was because holy fuck, how many marginalized people in the industry have been drummed out and can’t even look up their own name without google autocompleting “pedophile” onto the end of it over some incredibly spurious “accountability” that doesn’t even remotely come close to being as offensive as naked bigotry?

scum

30 Likes

one year the PAX hordes were filling the downtown bars where I was pretty drunk and I saw this dude and yelled “ADAM WUSSLER!” and he confusedly looked around before hastily making an exit. I probably didn’t cause him to leave on my own but maybe I didn’t go far enough either

15 Likes

I have read so many game dev student essays like this.

One time I had to really push hard against a student’s weird East-West Japanese exceptionalism line of thinking because it was becoming very uncomfortable that all his points were tracing the quality of a thing solely back to the fact that Japanese people are just better or worse at certain game dev stuff. The legacy of shit like this is so depressing.

10 Likes
3 Likes

we are so back

1 Like

:drudgesiren: SOYO OKA ALERT :drudgesiren:

4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

between sims 5, paralives, and now “life by you” (which is made by former sims folks) the little dollhouse people genre is actually starting to heat up with some competition for once

3 Likes