1 Like

lol at full name being ā€˜Electronic Arts Sports Football Clubā€™

6 Likes

You can.

4 Likes

That Fortnite-ass glider

1 Like

Yes! Glorious!

God damn it Broussard the bones were all there. Why didnā€™t you just finish the god damned game

1 Like

This duke leak is so depressing because this actually would have kicked ass in 2001-2003. Those guns look so good and the game seems so much snappier than the norm at the time.

8 Likes

also miller and broussard are beefing lol

2 Likes

ā€œwell looks like someone leaked a build of Glover 2: Legacy. Itā€™s a shame that itā€™s 15 year development was mismanaged by my high school buddy and sold off to Embracer Corporation. maybe someday we can bring back the Glover characters in the Unreal 5 engineā€

16 Likes

anything interesting from the indie world direct video broadcast stream thing?

1 Like

ElecHead is coming 2 switch some time this summer and that makes me happy

6 Likes

Seems like a cute Space Funeral derivative released 10 days ago FRANKEN by splendidland

1 Like
2 Likes

Not sure if this is the best place for it but if you have a Vita with PS Mobile games on it you might be able to help them not be lost forever

(p.s. yes, you can install the archived PS Mobile games on your hacked vita, Tuffy lives)

7 Likes

Look forward to my review this Summer.

2 Likes

iā€™ve been a verified splendidland hater for years now, i can call myself a hipster

was dunkey paid to review this game? are they friends?

i am squicked by games as a joke deliverance medium, i think she should just make a comic book or use a swear word once. I feel like thereā€™s gotta be a flash game from 2004 that does this exact thing but it wasnā€™t made by a popular twitter user. I know iā€™m just talking shit and i probably canā€™t do better because iā€™ve never finished or published a single project, but this feels like more of an insult to space funeral. i wouldnā€™t put them in the same category. I think space funeral actually had mechanics and narrative purpose and an actual scope to its world and I canā€™t say the same about franken. it looks like a hastily assembled script and sprite assets meant to fulfill the single purpose of delivering tweets directly to the player

like I donā€™t care how many jokes you can make about a battle system, when undertale did it it actually had a battle system and gameplay interactions. i can defend this game by saying it didnā€™t bite off more than it could chewā€“its well within its own boundariesā€“but I would have preferred any number of sloppy failures of experimental RPG design than just simply pointing at the idea of one and going ā€œhaha get it?ā€

15 Likes

youā€™re 100 percent spot on though. twitter poisoned might be the worst game genre

8 Likes

I think the creator is a big fan of dragon quest and spoofs it out of love but I also think DQ as a series is highly self aware, and that this kind of game seems specifically targeted at the online crowd who only likes family friendly humor and doesnā€™t actually care if JRPGs commonly have tragic and traumatic stories

4 Likes

I only watched 5 seconds of the video but it did prompt me to re-install RPG Maker so I could take another crack at making a tiny RPG filled with jokes.

Which is a very cool thing to doā€¦if youā€™re me.

This is not an endorsement or criticism of anything or anyone, just letting everyone know how Iā€™m going to spend the next 2 hours before I give up and drink half a bottle of gin while playing Pilotwings.

21 Likes

Let me know if you need a co-writer for this abandoned project.

7 Likes