Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots – You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.

Finally.

3 Likes

I would recomend everyone make at least one (1) friend, which will preclude 80 hour weeks.

1 Like

Alt post: there is not a single thing on this planet I like enough to do 80 hours a week. I don’t even breath more than 60, tops.

well I guess I’ll be playing this again! juggling useless loadouts in early game titanfall is like 90% of an experience I’m glad I wont have to deal with.

It’s an excellent game that deserves more attention and I’m glad they’re committed to improving it aside from content drops.

I mean I’m pretty sure the first one let you have a secondary and anti-titan weapon at all times?

That sounds about right. Maps were compact enough that it’d be insane not to have some anti-titan weapon at all times. I remember running smart pistol and auto pistol with a titan weapon. Fun times. I need to play TF2 more but I end up getting mad at hip fire that is effectual outside of point blank situations. I’ve gotten to used to the other TF2 and Overwatch “where I aim is what I get” with soft variances due to distance and trigger pull duration without ADS. I don’t mind ADS but it just feel antithetical to the thrill of (wall)run and shoot Titanfall tries to provide.

oh, uh, wow

might need to try it again!

“Try” more like play the angel city 24/7 playlist the whole time again

2 Likes

throwing my hat into the ring on this as well – all anyone at my place of work seems to be interested in is the most pedestrian shit and it reflects itself in the stuff we make

People are generally unadventurous in their explorations of media and personal taste, there seems to be a narrow range of the kinds of people making mainstream games, there you go

1 Like

Well my company of software developers are great, sorry folks

Must be a videogames thing

2 Likes

From what I hear it’s almost exclusively a video games thing.

1 Like

Bound to happen. Out on Tuesday.

Is it different from the one that was in infinite warfare?

Modern Warfare Remastered 2019
Modern Warfare Remastered 2022
Modern Warfare Remastered 2024

No I think it’s just that you can buy it separately now.

Every article I’ve read of his has relayed a terrible, almost neurotically guided, misunderstanding of game design and the appeal of certain games.

Why do you love him?

To give this the benefit of the doubt, I’ve only read his pieces on Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and Super Mario Maker, but the oversights and patronizations in those were so great that i find it hard to believe they wouldn’t spill over into his other critical takes.

1 Like

Apparently works on Windows Mobile and he is working on raising some money to get it working/distributable properly for Xbone as well.

those of us in the 0.3% of worldwide phone owners finally have an emulator to call our own

4 Likes

fittingly that emu arrives after i’ve went away from that Platform for good (… for the time being*)

*: who am i kidding, there will never be another, proper winphone again ;__;

Is the XBOne hacked already? How would you get emulators on it?