Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

i appreciate their dedication to AM2 Sega-likes, but they haven’t even finished Drift Stage yet, come on dudes :frowning:

re: Yoku’s - i always wanted a decent remake of Sonic Spinball, this looks more charming than that

2 Likes

Sky Rogue looks like it’s gonna be my jam y’all.

There’s a stable open-source port for the original Prince of Persia to run on Windows and Linux.

2 Likes

Just ignore the editorial asides about True Art

3 Likes

I kept reading that as Yoshi’s Island Express and the video first made me extremely excited, then very very confused

Pretty cool; marrying stronger '80s with Megadrive sprites feels better to me than Narita Boy’s Sworcery-style sprites, though Narita has a higher level of craft.

The Vlambeer-inspired proliferation of screen shake is nice but I wish a lot of devs had better instincts for it. Explosions that should clearly shake the camera left-right are going up-down and at a slow, ‘bubbly’ frequency. le sigh

2 Likes

That screen shake is a bit weirdly bouncy.

3 Likes

Titanfall 2 got a patch that includes a new 6v6 elimination mode and a matchmaking update that allows you to search for multiple game types at once. The matchmaking times on PC are down to under 5 minutes as a result. Not sure if it’s just increased population for the patch, however.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Gettin like, Syndicate + Crusader vibes

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My heart may have been hit with a CRITICAL! (if this is not a mobile game)

1 Like

This game out now. Look pretty good. Wish metroids didn’t all take place underground.

3 Likes

http://allgamesdelta.s-ul.eu/wNS86pIz

A reverse image search for that brought up this beauty

1 Like

this pic is extremely my shit

4 Likes

This game gets what Metroid is truly about (cute + good bugs)

between this and Momodora 4 i rly like how indie devs are picking up on how well Souls aesthetic meshes with Metroidvania/Castleroid/some word that isn’t fucking stupid

2 Likes

reminds me: has anyone mentioned Rain World yet ITT

Metroid and Another World had a baby and it was this adorable cat-slug

5 Likes

First time I’ve seen it. Looks aces.