MUWT 2: The Quickening

Might have laughed if it was “you killed her :roll_eyes:

I specifically talking about the real human that died on set for a stupid stunt.

ohhh. I had not heard of that. that’s awful.

I can not wait to see this communist agitprop from Boots Riley, frontman of The Coup:

4 Likes

In case there’s any doubt, the guy who did The Strange Thing About the Johnsons is trolling you again.

1 Like

one thing is for sure Ari Aster definitely had a 100% normal childhood

1 Like

about to watch hotel,artemis gonna liveblog the experience

nevermind that sucked

1 Like

john cena is so good in blockers

wrestlers should replace all actors

what if I told you that wrestlers are actors

3 Likes

Good news everyone, Haywire is on TV and I’ve reached the scene where Gina Carano chokes out James Bond with her thighs while grabbing him by the hair and forcing him down onto her on the bed, then executes him with a bullet to the face through a pillow.

6 Likes

John Cena’s whole life is kayfabe

1 Like

Movie absolutely rules

1 Like

linda hamilton on the set of some new terminator

9 Likes

I am going to sit pat with the knowledge that there can be no new Terminator that doesn’t suck but that is a v. good Linda Hamilton

4 Likes

Incredibles 2 has one of the better fights between a baby and a raccoon I’ve ever seen in a movie.

4 Likes

Also some of the better uses of a baby as a gun?

1 Like

amazing

incidentally in very 2018 news I brought my T2 bluray to a friend today and because it was easier than hooking up his bluray player or external drive, we watched it on Netflix

1 Like

It has its moments and it sure is lovely but overall I thought it was pretty mediocre

I just saw The Endless. It was pretty good!

It captured the allure of cults very well – the camaraderie, the sense that you’re innovating a better way to live, the shared yearning for a higher meaning, the shared conviction that mystical experiences and insight are happening all around you. The feeling of seeing something you can’t explain in the woods in the middle of the night, something that means something.

(Don’t worry, I’m not about to go join a cult)

For much of the film, I was thinking that the most bold twist it could have would be the cult actually being benign, a better way to live after all. The movie didn’t end up doing that, but it also didn’t not do that either. The time looping stuff was almost a little too Donny Darko, but it ended up working for me. The bit with the guy stuck in a 3 second time loop was a pretty compelling horror setpiece.

1 Like