MUWT 2: The Quickening

I’m on board so long as it’s as campy as the first three and a half RE movies.

Parts of Deadpool 2 are sort of novel because there are action sequences featuring superpower shit strung together by someone who’s actually semi-competent at action but I think the Other John Wick Guy is really proving to be the better of the two.

The joke density is lower than you might expect and they are mostly pretty bad! (But I don’t recall thinking the first one was that amusing either?)

It’s not as shockingly violent/gory as I was led to expect but maybe I’m desensitized. I don’t know. Maybe who cares when nobody is taking anything seriously except for the most lame and tired bullet points of plot/character motivation? All of the stuff they should actually take the piss out of, they don’t, because they want to eat the whole cake and they can’t fit it in their mouth! It’s too big! Their mouth is too small for this cake!

I liked Domino and brad pitt tho

Maybe give Negasonic Teenage Warhead and her girlfriend a movie.

3 Likes

I liked the part where Deadpool was suddenly woke as fuck and gave Cable shit over Black Tom

Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Yuki (?) and Domino try to have a girl’s day out. Yuki and Domino get along really well but Negasonic has a hard time relaxing, oh no! Just when she starts to loosen up SHOOT! DANG! A supervillain! When will x-persons get a real day off?

There doesn’t have to be a montage of trying on different outfits at a mall but like why wouldn’t you have a montage of trying on different outfits at a mall?

5 Likes
3 Likes

@parker I watched this Netflix movie called Wheelman and it was a nice little thing that you’d like. Nothing crazy, it’s just a Mannesque low-grade crime movie executed well. The ending is kind of a copout but I’m ok with that right now.

oh yeah the frank grillo one, been meaning to watch that

I watched Manhunt and you are totally accurate in your account and it rules.

The old man president of the pharmaceutical company was a dude I recognized from some Miike movies.

John Woo’s daughter got nicknamed The Tank by me and my wife as we watched it, and she lives up to that name.

The Time-to-Dove (a key Woo metric) is perfectly reasonable, and the doves play a key role in a fight scene, and are nicely foreshadowed about ten seconds before they become a thing.

I hope Netflix and whoever just keep throwing money at Woo to keep making the movies.

1 Like

I watched Manhunt on the plane with Japanese subtitles. Two days later maybe the brain powered needed to watch it’s nonsense is why my jetlag has persisted.

1 Like

Heavily Editted Shape of Water on a plane. I didn’t even see the fish butt. My friend informed me there was a lot more masturbation than the zero I saw. Guess they did an excellent job bring it down to a PG film with above the shoulders nudity and censoring the bad word hand signs.

They even made a running joke in editting out the swears.

Lady Rude was upset because she was watching Paddington 2 and I was watching Paddington’s mom have sex with a fish.

9 Likes

well where did she think paddington came from if not the illicit union between woman and fish?

2 Likes

Build-A-Bear!
:curly:

1 Like

vlcsnap-2018-05-08-18h46m17s074
vlcsnap-2018-05-08-18h46m31s647

2 Likes

wow to the wonder is fucking insufferable huh

1 Like

Tale of Tales is now in Netflix. Check it out if you haven’t seen it.

Here are som FB words I wrote about it, a couple years ago.

Earlier tonight, I watched a fantasy movie called “Tale of Tales”. I liked it quite a bit, despite a few problems. I will start with those problems. It doesn’t have a proper ending. It sort of fakes convergence of the story threads and then…credits. There are also a couple of scenes which don’t seem properly joined in with the rest. Maybe another pass at editing or something, could have integrated them a little better?

Anyway, Tale of Tales has a strange, yet entrancing tone. The world in the movie is generally bright and beautiful. Yet, most of the people are kind of creepy and do weird stuff. Everything that happens is presented as low key with a minimal amount of explanation or drama. Because of this sort of “medium” consistency to the presentation, the long run time doesn’t feel fatiguing and the weirdness and curious characters have a chance to breath and properly prickle your neck. It isn’t shoved down your throat with dramatic presentation.

To some people, I might say this is Dark Souls 2: The Movie.

1 Like

I watched Annihilation

I liked it

it had a cool bear

5 Likes

Good ol’ Hyperbear

you mean Good ol’ Alzabo

ALZABO

I’M STILL ON TO YOU GARLAND :waynestare: :waynestare: :waynestare:

4 Likes

1 Like

Been a long time since I’d watched Starship Troopers. Had forgotten just how in-your-face Doogie Howser, SS is.

6 Likes