MUWT 2: The Quickening

scott adkins IS the people’s champ paul wall in avengement which we watched tonight. i loved how little gun shit there was in it compared to what the poster would have you believe. watching him beat the shit out of guys in the no bully zone and the weird scene where the irish cop starts domming him for some bizarre reason were pretty entertaining. i almost gave it an entire extra star on letterboxd because of scott adkins’ grill and how much shit they broke fighting at the end. feel like theres an alternate universe where i dont know brawl in cell block 99 exists where i like this movie more than i did

1 Like

became aware just now that jiří menzel died recently :frowning:

i remember thinking “closely watched trains” was such a fun movie, i wanna see it again

1 Like

i cant stop thinking about the irish cop true dom!!

OO YOU’RE GETTING MY INTERROGATION ROOM FLOOR ALL DIRTY ARENT YOU then he grabs his head and says YOU KNOW WHAT WE DO TO NAUGHTY KITTIES THAT PISSED ON THE FLOOR i love how all true dom/mes are shitty and use the same cop lines

despite the mixed reviews, i think Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence is probably one of my fav movies that is about war.

3 Likes

merry christmas mr lawrence is like 90% awesome ryuichi sakamoto/david bowie homo-lust and 10% war so yeah that’s why it’s one of the best war movies ever. oshima was a beast, check out the gay as fuck samurai movie he made before he died

4 Likes

ファーザークリスマス!ファーザークリスマス!

1 Like

I did a project in school on both Empire of Passion and In The Realm of the Senses. Have meant to watch more Oshima since then. Either Marry Christmas… or Death By Hanging is what I’ve thought might be the next move to make.

1 Like

daphny and I make sada abe jokes all the time it’s great having no one get them

1 Like

oh i said the other day ‘merry christmas mr lawrence isn’t a war movie anymore, its a yaoi movie’ so i can still watch it

also yes ‘sada abeing it’ when youre just in a room naked with someone for hours getting stinky and sweaty and gross is my favorite joke this year

4 Likes

Gotta bring up In The Realm of The Senses having actual child abuse makes it unwatchable.

2 Likes

i dont judge people if they watch old movies by directors who abuse the shit out of people, because they all kind of do that but i also respect your principles rudie

your hardline stance on shit is admirable

1 Like

this feels like a slam

1 Like

its sincere

2 Likes

i mean it really isn’t. like as someone who is constantly pissed off about misogyny in shit it’s actually nice to see someone have principles and stick to them about bad shit

1 Like

I was about to post that Y’all will not stop me from having a good time with Drive but my bluray made me watch 20 minutes of trailers.

Okay movie actually starting.

OH COME ON I didn’f even get through the logos before Neo Rude woke up.

2 Likes

WHOS FUCKIN OWNED NOWWWWWWWW

3 Likes

That first scene pretty great!

First MOVIE SIN: in that opener Breaking Bad talks to Ryan like they aren’t daily boss and worker.

Wow look at all these pretty shots and this minimalist synth.

Am I trying to max out the thread because I have a good name for the next one? Maybe.

SECOND MOVIE SIN: what the hell is this situation? They just got home from the grocery store.

Smash that Bloodpotion if you store Bread on top of Limes like Carry Mulligan.

5 Likes

I actually love all the orange and teal of her apartment and how much the color correction makes Ryan’s Saffon Blue Denim Jacket Pop.