MUWT 2: The Quickening

btw I remember actually liking the like, actual plot of Inside Out. I just found the frame story with her family in SF to be extremely grating

No surprise-Spiderverse was great glad I got to see it on a big screen.

Bug’s Life 2 when?

I liked Inside Out as a movie but hate it on principle because it insinuates that broccoli on pizza is disgusting and that’s wrong you idiots

I hate you because this way better than my description of JA than my go-to “Light Novel: The Motion Picture”

Captain Marvel was okay, I liked the part where Goku went super saiyan and helped Piccolo and the other Namekians escape from Frezia after getting help from Mr. Satan and Bulma (it was a strong decision for Marvel to cast both of these characters with black actors and I applaud them for doing so)

2 Likes

finally felt like watching eighth grade

it ruled

honestly a triumph of sentimentality and earnestness and that’s me saying that

the direction is consistently horror funny without being too much

3 Likes

i loved it!

i watched it too and it’s, exactly what felix said. it’s very touching and very awkward, often at the same time

1 Like

i’m finally back on my bullshit and i watched southland tales

2 Likes

what a great piece of cinema and as much as id like to say i watched it cuz of sb backgrpund noise it was actually because they mentioned it in a chapo

If y’all haven’t been on this Bo Burnham tip for a while you should be

I fucking love Orinoco Flow and it was used perfectly in this

just let it wash over you

1 Like

yes!!! it made me think of how vaguely present the song still was through the 90s when it came on

1 Like

what’s on ur top tier

This is the first place I’d seen anyone even mention Southland Tales since it first bombed. At least I think it did? I was looking forward to it enough that I still even have the little mini graphic novels somewhere. Yes I liked Darko enough to be hype

I bought the DVD and watched with my girlfriend and remember it being such a weird session but now I’d probably look at it completely different.

Southland Tales is forever an accurate time capsule of how weird shit was in the mid 00s.

Also that people use the phrase “neo marxists” in regular public discourse now is hilarious to me and makes me happy every time I hear it.

2 Likes

this is the post that makes me finally retire to a monastery there to ignore the wider world and its goings-on till death finally comes for me

2 Likes

I mean

the world is full of a multitude of takes and they can all be valid, etc.

oh dear

Absolute megaton announcement right here.

10 Likes

started watching Triple Frontier and thought they were doing a twin gimmick with the two brother characters played by the same actor

then i realized its Garrett Hedlund and Charlie Hunnam lol

3 Likes