MUWT 2: The Quickening

I had not heard of this until loki mentioned it in the favourite films of the 2010s thread. I looked it up and it sounded like something I would enjoy, even though I have seen very few of the Elm Street films. I ordered a copy, which arrived today.

Until this week, I had seen only the first and third entries. I’ve now seen the fourth one, too. Although a step down from the two I’d seen previously, it has some creative scenes. I especially liked the bathroom stall becoming an elevator. That’s the sort of thing movies need more of.

I used to go to pawn shops somewhat regularly, looking for movies. I didn’t even watch a lot of movies. I just liked collecting them when they were extremely cheap. Where I live, there are a couple shops that sell all DVDs for 75 cents and all Blu-ray discs for $2. One of the DVDs I picked up a few years ago was A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-4. That’s about 19 cents per movie. I guess I should go ahead and watch the second one, now that it’s the only one that I own but haven’t watched.

Another thing I watched this week was the first episode of Freddy’s Nightmares, which is a prequel to the first Elm Street movie. When that show originally aired on television, I think the only episode I ever saw was the game show one.

1 Like