looking forward to:

https://letterboxd.com/film/election-3/

i really hope election 3 still exists

4 Likes

well, I am kinda interested in seeing Ad Astra later this month an-

wait, they what? the whole studio?

well.

2 Likes

Wow I had no idea WKW is supposed to have a new movie coming out. I still haven’t seen The Grandmaster, I wanted to wait to watch the non-US version but still haven’t gotten ahold of it.

1 Like

fwiy, also very much looking forward to watching this!
So they should sell at least two tickets, one in the US of A, and one in yurop.

its in the same series as in the mood for love and 2046!

3 Likes

Hot Kar Wai takes: I didn’t really like ITMFL but think 2046 is dope.

I have seen the American and Japanese and the International cut of The Grandmaster and maybe that movie can’t be saved. For a movie I have seen three different cuts of I find it very diffcult to have an opinion about it.

1 Like

this is the most bewildered I’ve ever been in my entire life

4 Likes

sometimes you’re not in the mood

5 Likes

i enjoyed Tony Leung being a charming dirtbag and also some weird future train more than two people longing for each other forever.

And Japan as a country agrees with me!!

Oh god I forgot Zach Snyder is making the Fountainhead and good lord that will be such a thing.

1 Like

unbelievable

a whole country this fucked up!

1 Like

woah i didn’t hear about a new johnnie to! and it’s an…MMA romance? hell yes

oh yeah i wanted to post about Uncut Gems too

this “Adam Sandler in serious roles” thing is escalating so quickly he’s going to be playing the joker in like 3 years

The fwiggin towwahs! They killed my fwiggin family!

3 Likes

!

Johnnie To?

yeah apparently he has a film called Chihuo Quan Wang that’s listed for a november release in China. glad the rumours of his retirement turned out wrong.

2 Likes

I’m hoping we can finally get a good ned kelly movie out of True History of the Kelly Gang

I quit reading the book when it got to russell crowe’s character maybe I can go back to it and imagine him as russell crowe now

4 Likes

I hope the irishman is shitty so I can finally stop hearing about how if martin scorsese would just make a gangster movie with deniro, that will magically cgi de-age and re-cokeify his brain to the brain of the scorsese who made goodfellas, a movie that was only ever just okay anyway. I mean it’s no age of innocence. they did this same shit with ridley scott pre-prometheus. people grow and age and change. they couldn’t make some old shit you liked exactly how you liked and that when watching will undo the damages of time and return you to the person you were when you first liked that thing, even if they wanted to.

3 Likes

I would be very surprised if it’s not over-calibrated at minimum, given netflix’s producers and this cast that does seem almost inevitable

but I would rather watch almost any other 80s or 90s scorsese than goodfellas

1 Like

the only thing that matters about the irishman is that joe pesci is in it

1 Like