MON HUNTERS thread

I don’t know exactly since I’m not familiar with all the icons, but there were some potions, I think a pit trap, and what appeared to be a scale or plate? I don’t think you get any extra customization stuff like the face paint.

i think the main bonus is the scale, which i assume you wouldn’t get till much later in the main game.
finally managed to beat it w some ranos online. that 15 minutes is real tight.

There’s an option for this in the menu! iirc it’s just called snap focus. You can also set the radial item selector so it uses an item on r3 click, which I found much easier.

I think I would buy this if the PS4 interwebs were free, but they ain’t

It’s like $20 for the length of time you’ll probably play it actively

Just do it

That’s how I persuaded myself anyway

you’re talking to the guy who has taken like 2 years to go through dark souls 3

and I’m not paying 80 bucks for a video game anyway

After thinking about it I realized I’d really rather play this on PC and it’s such a time investment that I’d probably not want to double dip and replay the game. I hope other people will be getting it on PC too when the time comes.

In the meantime I’ll be hunting monsters in Freedom Wars 2, which comes out like a month later!

1 Like

PRELOAD STARTED

MODS PLZ CHANGE MY TITLE TO LAGIACRUS

2 Likes

I love that you initially put this in the wrong thread in your enthusiasm

anyway I’m not gonna be able to play until like Saturday 9pm EST, please don’t everyone leave me in the dust

2 Likes

lol yeah i apparently had a different thread open in which drem was also the most recent post, really tripped me up

I’m very excited for this to play this at midnight, but I also have to teach at 8am tomorrow :upside_down_face:

Do people want to get a squad going when it launches?

Amazon dropped my copy off early so yay.

I already broke the tutorial quest lol.

2 Likes

I was gonna have a tiny bit of time tonight but I bought from GMG because their USD price was way cheaper than the CAD list price (which has been pegged to a pretty poor exchange rate for too long) and it apparently doesn’t work for preloads! Oh well.

gonna play for a bit tonight but i’ll probably stick to myself

gonna play all day tomorrow… until i have to go see maria bamford

1 Like

oh shit I need to empty my mailbox so amazon can actually drop it off

jealous of entire post

1 Like

my “handler” is very talkative!

1 Like

Anyone picking up a new weapon for this game? I’m trying to force myself to take a break from the comfy long sword and get to know the gunlance.

I spent last night fucking with the Charge Blade, which is good times. Did a little Bow stuff, but don’t have the feel for it that I had in the MHGen. I might try one of the guns next. The need to not have separate armor.makes messing with guns more appealing on a casual level.

Monhun noob here.

How do the weapons work here? Are they like character classes? Are you basically stuck with one that you need to master or can you change things up/try different stuff with the same character whenever you feel like?

PS: Not going to get the game right now, but I’m curious enough that I may pick it up when it comes out for PC