Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

The new Astro Bot is very good, it turns out. Every level is just packed with unique elements and creative details.

The whole game is like a playground in the best way and even the references to other games have won me over. They really dug deep for those with Intelligent Qube, Siren, Vib-Ribbon, etc.

One thing I could do without is the main villain from the VR game, who shows up again. That was always a bad character and without the gimmick of VR it’s even more unappealing.

But there’s so much to like about this game it would be hard to know where to start.

8 Likes

I did not know the R-Type Taticses were coming to Switch. They should start a line of management games like Two Point, but R-Type. R-Type: ザ・コンビニ

9 Likes

this should incept a genre

4 Likes

Pondering my PS Orb

5 Likes
8 Likes

They are gonna release a free version of Gran Turismo on PS5 before the end of the year. It will probably be just enough GT for me!

3 Likes

what’s it going to be called:

GT7.5: Boosting Sales Edition?
GT Just Enough?

or my current fav:
GT Free :smirk:

Piccolo Turismo

6 Likes

Bought the new Astro Bot on a whim and had to give up when I got to The Simple 2000: Vol 40: The Three Major Oriental Fortune Telling Arts ~Feng Shui - Onomancy - Divination~ level, these jump timings are horrendous.

5 Likes

My First GT

1 Like

i feel like there could have been a way to sell folks on this but it feels like they already knew they were giving up on the idea before it released

i have one of these and tbh it kind of rules if you have to share a TV with someone

2 Likes

oh yeah the concept of the portal is fine it’s just that you’ve already been able to do that with like an iPad and a controller clip for like… the better part of a decade, so it’s not clear who wanted dedicated Sony hardware for it

2 Likes

The Portal is a sku for a niche audience but it feels like an intentional half-step towards the inevitable handheld hybrid console. Which is an offering to expect from literally anyone making gaming machines in the next decade.

Astrobot positives

• not just a white guy
  • Is not a guy saving a princess
  • Has never been voiced by Chris pratt
16 Likes

Astrobot positives:

• Child bearing hips
  • Scantily clad
  • Coquettish demeanor
21 Likes

Very demure, very robotic

4 Likes

Astrobot positives:

• Lots of objects on screen
  • Zero aliasing
  • PlayStation fans have something no one else has (until it gets ported to PC)
3 Likes

ASTROBOT POSITIVES…

1. EVASION-TECH
  2. DECIDE WEAPONS
  3. FOLLOW FEELING
2 Likes
1 Like

Most likely Netflix’s call

3 Likes