Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

ok

1 Like

the real error was, honestly, shipping PSVR2 at all – VR games pretty much peaked in 2018 with the facebook and sony money. it was sadly evident from miles away that they were just going to burn people with this platform

astro bot’s legs are too far apart and it’s kind of gross

4 Likes

One two punch of PSVR2 and Playstation Portal.

Also I guess they lied and Astrobot is a first party Playstation game released this year.

2 Likes

Supposedly they’re announcing PS5 Pro next week or later this month.

1 Like

can’t wait for them to announce a full bloodborne remake that’s locked to 30 fps

1 Like

Bluepoint taking research trips to Spirit Halloween

9 Likes

Lol of course, because I bought mine like three months ago.

1 Like

It feels unreal to me that there’s all this information and all these leaks but because there’s zero official acknowledgement it’s like it could all just be made up.

Will be hilarious if they never announce anything.

1 Like

This looks really interesting.

3 Likes

What games even need a PS5 Pro enhancement?? Dragons Dogma 2?

I guess I don’t play many demanding ps5 games to have a list off the top of my head

2 Likes

I don’t know either. I’m under the impression that few games actually do 4k60 and that’s what the Pro would alleviate.

they want to ship hardware that’s capable of DLSS 3.5 equivalent features (frame generation and upscaling) because that’s the primary thing the PS5 is behind on at this point. it’s only barely next generation baseline hardware as is, and the more that developers try to choose higher resolution and framerates without being able to do AI upscaling to get there, the less next generation stuff they can do

my 4090 renders AAA titles that include DLSS at like 1440p60 to produce a 2160p120 result and that’s with 8x the baseline muscle of a PS5

(the base PS5 will compare very poorly to Switch 2 on this metric)

4 Likes

Speaking of Switch 2 there’s a rumor that there’s some kind of announcement from Nintendo coming soon and a February release window.

Is the PS5 the one you inhale?

2 Likes

I miss this era of Sony marketing.

7 Likes

I would have never thoguht something like astrobot would be so divisive here hahahaha

also I think about that ps9 commercial all the time, we’re four away from the spheroid of gaming!!!

6 Likes

I think Astrobot looks fine. I’ll bet it feels really good to control. The PSVR game was really slick.

12 Likes

Ok so like I just played the first two levels of Astrobot and I regret/am pleased to inform you all that this game appears to own.

10 Likes