melee island (fighting game club)

you can play it on fightcade

2 Likes

oh hell, that’s what I get for being lazy

1 Like

I like how a lot of the Martial Masters characters are just named for their fighting style. So you’ve got “MONKEY BOY,” “CRANE,” “DRUNK MASTER,” and the boss, “TURE LOTUS MASTER” (sic).

Oh VS is 3 on 3, KOF-style.

I love the font Psykio uses for all their games

2 Likes

Japanese TV ads for the PS1 version of Vampire: The Night Warriors. This video dates the ads to April 1995, but the PS1 version didn’t actually come out until late March 1996 due to developer Psygnosis struggling to complete the port, at least to Capcom’s satisfaction; in the end, Night Warriors released a month AFTER the sequel, Vampire Hunter, was already out on Saturn–and the belated PS1 Night Warriors still suffered from hefty bouts of slowdown during gameplay. The experience caused Capcom to skip releasing Hunter on PS1, and to handle the PS1 port of the next game, Vampire Savior, themselves, titling it Vampire Savior EX Edition (re-titled Darkstalkers 3 in the States) and packing it with numerous bonus features.

4 Likes
3 Likes

do you think advertising/spin offs/etc in other countries used their country’s fighter as the main character of street fighter in the same way US stuff just assumed Guile was the main guy

like are there spanish ads with vega selling soft drinks

2 Likes

I dunno.

2 Likes

tragic

1 Like

yeeeep, got that ping today. luckily I only play in private lobbies anyway, but what kind of degen is out there trying to hack a game that averages like 200 players

1 Like

Because I always forget the name and dev of this doujin game, gonna record it here. The rad Namco fangame fighter with beautiful spritework is called NAMCO SUPER HEROES and it’s by Hiro https://twitter.com/hiro0110bd

And also apparently there’s a version from 2016 you can download and play?? NAMCO SUPER HEROES

6 Likes

Love this video so much! Really want to play it now

Also love his custom sticks he made just for the game. Incredible dedication.

8 Likes

why he gotta be hatin on my man raiden, though. perfect review, otherwise

A thousand penguins unfolding a deck chair…

1 Like

yay

and now an official patch. balls blue has been saved. a perfect time for everyone to learn how to play blazblue, the smash hit anime fighter from the developers of guilty gear the missing link, and battle fantasia

1 Like

I got Skullgirls 2nd Encore on a whim when my friend was over last weekend. It’s pretty fun! I’m not much of a fighting game master, but I’ve gotten a little better over the past year.

It’s cool to play a team fighter where each character is so distinct. I had a lot of fun playing as Cerebella and grabbing non-stop. One issue I have with this and many other fighting games is that the action is a bit too fast for me and I don’t think I can pull off many mix-up combos with my frail, baby hands. But that’s okay so long as I play against people who can’t do it either!

4 Likes