Mass Effect Voyager

Kumail Nanjiani is underused as a humorless Salarian official in this game :frowning:

The animation seems much worse than ME3. :thinking:

I pulled up a youtube video of the ME3 cutscenes to compare and theyā€™re less distracting. In Andromeda, everyone has dead eyes and tweens their eyebrows between two keyframes. Iā€™ll probably get used to it if the writing picks up.

the female lead VA is surprisingly bad?

Well, thatā€™s probably enough to sink this one. Might rent it and put some time into MP.

Edit: Oh, itā€™s Fryda Wolff. Iā€™m not super familiar with her but I have not liked the stuff I have heard, by which I mean Evolve.

itā€™s possible that her characterization is just not working for me at all

the tutorial plotting is also kind of lazy

Iā€™m kind of over mass effect after playing the first half of 3, I might pick this up in a couple of years when itā€™s 15 dollars on PSN or something.

I actually like three but this one is looking so bad Iā€™m thinking there was a production problem halfway through and they had to rebuild it in six months or something

1 Like

yeah this isnā€™t doing too much for me so far

I canā€™t say that itā€™s dramatically different from 3, which I loved, but the various systems and widgets all seem a bit needier which is an immediate turnoff

plus they failed to explain before the first combat what the cover button is??? after explaining everything else too much?

RIP briefly brilliant EA, 2010-2012

I changed some settings and now itā€™s not launching

I may actually not get my five dollars worth at this rate

oh, I hadnā€™t even seen the RPS impressions until now

well, Iā€™ve got 46 of 47 GB downloaded, may as well delete config files at random and see if I can make it launch again

Honestly this is a relief, there are too many good games for me to play and Iā€™m glad I donā€™t have to bother with this one.

3 Likes

not that I doubt this against what Iā€™ve seen, but John Walker has some poor opinions

1 Like

it still irritates me that so many people regard 3 as having somehow spoiled the seriesā€™ legacy because it was so good and everything bioware has done since has been actual crap

wait is this where the whomstā€™dā€™ve meme comes from or are they unrelated

3 Likes

Iā€™m mad too because now I canā€™t complain about ME3 spoiling the series without being taken as an ending truther

1 Like

God damn you people who like ME1 most

1 Like

hey, Iā€™m happy to concede that ME2 is a triumph in the vein of Uncharted and Far Cry 3 but even on those terms ME3 is a grey-brown, over-epic, cloying whimper

the wonder! vanished, smoke in a rainstorm

1 Like

Wonder is my favorite thing but bleakness is my other favorite thing.

There ainā€™t so much wonder in ME1 though. But we disagree about this.

who cares about far cry 3

2 Likes

my only problem with 3 was that I began thinking of the enemies as their classes, as keyholes, with different keys under my belt. with 2 they felt not like actual people but more organic in the way they were supposed to be dealt with? i donā€™t know. 2 is my favorite! 1 is ADVENTUROUS enough that I have fond memories of doing absolutely nothing.

Yeah I didnā€™t wanna say anything but