Mass Effect Voyager

I mean, don’t look at me, I don’t think I’ve experienced genuine wonder since my first premature orgasm

5 Likes

yo here’s my analogy

Far Cry 3 takes an actually great game (2) and polishes it up to make it a commercial success with full confidence. I respect it but hate the game. Mass Effect 2 makes harder choices and is more successful but is operating on a raw professionalism that I can respect.

And I get that feeling out of Naughty Dog; immaculate by all professional standards but empty and anti-daring.

ME3 would ring bleaker if it didnt shrink the world by faceplanting on scope and schmaltz it up by cloaking everything in the easiest guises: Earth attacked, ghost boy, ugh

Wonder: the scope of the threat revealed by the AI conversations backed by much better music (dry infodump playing very well with the magnitude and archaeological tone), the presentation of planetary exploration, that’s it in sum

1 Like

oh wow this game is bad

the development process must have been really rough, practically nothing feels or sounds compelling

I –

7 Likes

I can’t believe how bad this clip is. I have no pithy remarks, it’s just bad.

it’s frankly weird that the sound editing could be as bad as the dialogue itself

I know they’ve fairly assiduously kept this one quiet up to now but this is actually “what happened” bad

western AAA sequels are suddenly all turds and B tier Japanese games are mostly worthwhile again

1 Like

I went from “oh you have a jump now!” to “I wish you didn’t” before I touched the ground

4 Likes

jfc

alec… is dead.?
smiles blankly

1 Like

Odds are that everyone recorded their own lines at separate times in separate places

There are just no natural beats to any of that clip’s interactions

Everything I have seen about this game looks bad. I mean I’m no ME diehard in the first place, but jesus.

Agree with the sentiment, not entirely sure about those dates.

Holy shit.

wait, this doesn’t even really work because the KH2 cutscenes might actually be better directed

Seconded

Star Ocean Andromeda

2 Likes

A rumor from development was that Bioware actually didn’t know which direction to take this game at all. This would appear to be true, because the more I read about it the more it seems like it’s trying to stretch fully into the realm of Action Game and Role Playing Game / Space Exploration Sim all at once. It’s a fucking wonder this game also doesn’t have some base building added onto it, too.

(queued up to a comparison between ME1 and MEA)

What happened? It’s all-permeating, too, not just a lone goofy animation like Alpha Protocol’s duck walk.

This makes it a lot better IMO

3 Likes

part of me wants to go “Oh, well, they’re just getting used to Frostbite!” and then I remember that Dragon Age: Inquisition came out 3 years ago

as this game looks jank as fuck, I will be required to play it some point

no that’s how you stage fight doi

wouldn’t want anyone to get hurt

1 Like

That’s how the dialogue in the entire series has been recorded. It freaked me out that Male!Shep’s voice actor and Garrus’ voiceactor had never met before .