MANGOES (japanese manga adult literature)

I got two volumes of The Girl From the Other Side as a gift and after reading them before wrapping them I am picking two volumes for myself. Really charming stories, nails the fairy tail atmosphere.

Also got Mob Psycho 100 volume 8 without realising I don’t have 7 yet. Last time I read we were starting stuff that happens after the anime and with a good start: Mob receives a love letter, a real one this time. And is a great arc so far just by virtue to see how Mob (the most powerful and most insecure of psychics) deals with the fact someone else likes him.

1 Like

Looks like the Mob Psycho 100 manga ends this Friday. Which will make the manga around 16 volumes.

Also, picked today ‘Undercurrent’ by Tetsuya Toyoda completely blind. Looks good.

Just finished A Distant Neighborhood. It took a couple chapters to pique my interest, but by the end of both volumes I had already reflected a ton on my own life. This story was heavy, but not a stressful read. Easily one of the best manga I’ve ever read.

I just finished Jumyou wo Kaitotte Moratta. Ichinen ni Tsuki, Ichimanen de. (I Sold Off My Lifespan for 10,000 Yen a Year).

Poignant, and reflective. Nice art, great hangoutitude.

I read through Undercurrent myself and really really enjoyed it. Complemented my A Distant Neighborhood reading nicely, too.

1 Like

chrome_2017-12-24_12-49-42 chrome_2017-12-24_13-14-26
chrome_2017-12-24_12-58-29 chrome_2017-12-24_13-00-28
chrome_2017-12-24_13-01-17chrome_2017-12-25_21-00-34

chrome_2017-12-26_21-27-43 chrome_2017-12-26_00-11-02
chrome_2017-12-27_01-36-28 chrome_2017-12-26_20-52-30

the facial expressions in dungeon meshi is very good

marcille esp so

5 Likes

Tongari Boushi no Atelier is about a cute girl who wants to become a witch and after the first chapter I’m already into it.

Mob Psycho 100 volumes 7 and 8 (first big arc after the TV show) are really strong. I love where ONE is taking the main conflict: others trying to force Mob to be who he doesn’t want to be.

1 Like

I have had this queued up in my phone app for a while but apparently there are only seven chapters in english?

I’ve been slowly reading through Hagio Moto’s Marginal and it’s middle eastern themed post apoc with boys making out constantly

Ayy it’s your boy Mikey back with another manga because I do nothing but read manga I guess

Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun

Here’s two that I’ve had on my phone forever as examples to show my anime/manga loving friends.

Hanayome wa Motodanshi is an adorable one-shot about the author describing their life experiences transitioning from male to female and eventually marriage with a man who accepted her as they are.

Futari no Renai Shoka is another atypical romance that’s a little longer. It centers around an “old book” store run by a woman in her 20s. One of her customers ends up being a teenager boy with similar tastes in books. And they find that they have much more in common as things progress. Although now that I’ve described it I am more tentative to make this a recommendation.

1 Like

Yuichi Yokoyama’s books have the greatest author notes I’ve ever read.

They’re also great books.

1 Like

whoops how’s it been three months already

my phone is dying really badly so I’m lucky if I can read a couple chapters when unplugged.

still reading Ushio & Tora very slowly. I’m 11 books in out of 33 and kind of find it boring despite the cool youkai designs and ultraviolence. not much character development, though Tora’s insistence on keeping up youkai kayfabe has gone from obnoxious writing to “maybe this shows a fundamental difference in culture or understanding between youkai and humans.” Basically I’m trying to get what I can out of it. I watched episode 1 of the recent anime and it’s got a budget and is a great adaptation so far but the end of the episode was also extremely rushed because oops storyboarding is hard.

also slowly reading Gegege no Kitarou and the early stuff is really different and weird. the older manga gets, the more interesting it gets.

most of my attention is currently going to Teppuu which is the best thing right now. Lesbians and MMA fighting! I love the main character, the entire series is a journey of the reader trying to understand her personality.

I’ve got to the multipage spread explanation of rock people in Jojolion

:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

animated trailer for masakazu ishiguro’s new manga, ‘tengoku daimakyou’! not sure if it’s just a promotional thing or if it means there will be an actual cartoon in the future (can’t read most of the stuff about this on jp websites).

really like his ‘mokuyoubi no fruit’ about a manga artist’s assistant, her chiropractor friend and her cat friend.

2 Likes

Yeahhhhhh

2 Likes

i’m liking dorohedoro

2 Likes

It is very good

1 Like

caught up on jojolion
thinking of starting mob psycho 100
wondering if i’m ever going to finish tokyo ghoul: re since i keep taking breaks and
i think i’ve forgotten who a lot of the characters are now

it is time to reconnect with the anime fans, what is everyone reading. i haven’t actually read any manga since last year, which feels like letting a part of my person down