Like a News Thread 8: Infinite Welp

one of the youngsters at the shop discovered katamari damacy basically by accident today and immediately asked “is this on emulators”
i almost beamed

25 Likes

Thx I’ll have a gander! Blog title is promising :ok_hand:

1 Like

https://x.com/romhackdoting/status/1820932740520312915

8 Likes

Im not wading into this but I am really hoping someone just makes a landstalker engine game with this.

7 Likes

a Landstalker level creator is just an excuse to commit non-Euclidean and camera crimes

9 Likes

For reasons I can’t explain, every time I read Landstalker I think of Snatcher for a second.

2 Likes

Snatcher? I hardly Ladystalked her.

9 Likes

LOAD BEARING MMO

11 Likes

This reminds me, I always use “load bearing (X)” in my daily vernacular just bc of the legacy of Groverhaus lol

4 Likes

yeah it’s becoming part of everyone’s everyday language and it’s hilarious

2 Likes

Ready At Dawn shut down by Meta, didn’t realize they had gotten bought out and were making vr games, and also made an online game that lasted a year back in 2017

Echo Arena was really cool

lots of VR games in 2017-2018 were really cool

I’m actually just getting this for the visuals at this point, don’t care if it sucks. can’t think of the last time I did that

4 Likes

Are the graphics actually that noteworthy? I don’t know that anything there really felt that standout compared to AAA stuff we’ve been getting the past couple of years, and artistry feels pretty standard b-game stuff. Not sure what about the gameplay is supposed to be special either based on the trailer. What made it such a hyped-up game among the gamer crowds?

1 Like

monke

3 Likes

the animation and the color work look outstanding to me… most character action games don’t actually look like they have 120fps worth of keyframes the way this does

also I don’t think there’s been a single UE5 game before this that I’ve genuinely wanted to play so it feels like it’s delivering on a lot of the new lightning / particle stuff finally

2 Likes

and it feels like it could be a Dynasty— Warriors Orochi Spinoff-type of game, and we all Love us Some Warriors’ing, right

right?

anyone?

:tarothink:

4 Likes

I’m a soulslike trash hound, and recently completed Lords of the Fallen, did some impressive stuff with UE5 in my opinion. It also passed the smell test for me, hoping they do another one and really lean into their own unique vision.

4 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes