lichess.org (SB Chess Club)

maybe you have your notation mixed up? because F5 is a move for black, and F4 isn’t possible because the Queen is blocking the F rank pawn. so I don’t know what move you are meaning

I’m so bad at chess. I don’t even see how either side could move to any of these squares. Which white can go into D4?

Oh that’s right. I was confused. I meant B5. Moving the bishop. I’m not very good at chess.

1 Like

the pawn which is one square to the King’s diagonal left

1 Like

ah, ok. that’s a fine move!

1 Like

I moved D4

in case someone (still) plays chess, hit me up! i started playing a couple months ago and it’s a lot of fun, specially the 10min and 3min formats

i’m on lichess and chess dot com

sent u a challenge on lichess

remembered this topic when I read this article just now:

I have NO IDEA what’s happening or why, but channeling inner drama queen got me interested what’s going on there.
Anyone else following these rookies doing weird stuff?

2 Likes

All I know is that there are accusations of Niemann playing chess while having anal beads inserted that vibrate in a specific way as to pass on info and that is the greatest cheating accusation I’ve heard in years.

2 Likes

it’s such a weird situation. magnus carlsen refuses playing with the guy after losing a match to him, drops out of a tournament and when asked to give an explanation, he just says he’d “get in trouble for talking about it”. all the (apparently huge!) chess influencers and whatnot jump on that, playing the narrative magnus is indirectly accusing the guy of cheating.

it also gets inflated because people on reddit and 4chan start theory-crafting ways hans could’ve cheated over-the-board, from stories about how someone in magnus’ team is leaking info to his opponent to him having an anal probe that sends vibration signals (a lot of Real Serious Newspapers have been uncritically sharing this particular one as if it was legitimate!!!)

and now magnus continues to not want to talk about it after throwing a game against hans in the second move. they are currently in the same bracket on an international tourney, so there’s a chance they’ll face each other again in the next couple days.

3 Likes

add some background here

In past 20 years, AI and smart phone take over the Chess match, there’s a long cheating list in top-level matches, like Vladirmir Kramnik, Igors Rausis, etc.

During the pandemic, online match is more popular and more easier to cheat. Though the match between Carlsen and Niemann, the live got a 15 minute delay and test metal on their body before they start, but it’s still hard to get rid of the suspicion (cheating in a match is too easy).

Niemann claim he only cheated once in online match and chess.com judged him cheated servals times.

So that’s why Ian Nepomniachtchi jokes on they should naked play in a locked room.

Basicly, every players is a hidden cheater in Chess match now.

3 Likes

Trying to hide my OG gameboy with CHESSMASTER under my desk… bring it ON, you world wide players!

Lost in 60 seconds

1 Like

Yeah, I would just ban Niemann from tourney play given how often he’s legit been caught cheating (doing obvious stockfish plays)

1 Like

(from The Password Game, very fun game recommended)

Chessheads, what’s wrong with my Bb6 notation? I don’t get it

YOU HAVE TO ADD A + AFTER THE MOVE FOR SOME REASON

THAT’S TO INDICATE ITS A GOOD MOVE

no that means check!

2 Likes

oh you’re right, I’m a dumbass

! is good move, right?

ok but what happens if you have like, two rooks that could move to the same space? what’s the notation for that situation