Let's Play Shadow Tower (PSX, 1999)

i edited the top post with the playlist that the video will be auto-added to when it’s finished uploading

1 Like

RE: Internet problems

I was having similar issues except in reverse. Download speeds were horrendous, upload speeds were fantastic, but inconsistently. Sometimes it was fine, other times it was…that.

Eventually figured out it was my router by connecting directly to the modem. So maybe it’s a hardware issue? Had to replace my router but that fixed it.

next time I stream shadow tower abyss, do you mind if I hijack this thread to link to it?

2 Likes

I am about to resume streaming this game. My internet issues seem to have subsided for now.

OK, streaming now. LINK

Here’s today’s VOD.

I will be streaming again later tonight, and I’m uploading this vod to youtube as well where it will be auto-added to the playlist in the OP

new VOD

this one’s 3 hours long and has a lot of exploration and experimentation. start using more spells because i have the resources now and they are really cool and powerful. the commentary is 90% me going “why won’t you die” “oh that wasn’t good” “oops i broke something” “am i going the wrong way?” lol

thinking about streaming some more tonight. anyone interested? please voice your opinion in the form of a bloodpotion and/or reply to this thread, thanks

i ask because it’s probably easier to just record and upload if no one is going to watch live, although actually i’m not sure about that. i’ll probably just stream it just in case anyone wants to see.

Tonight is the Holiday Deathcast! Come join instead!

Or maybe for the Holiday Deathcast we should all watch Elle streaming Shadow Tower

I am enjoying watching you play, but can only manage to watch on youtube~

new VOD is up

this is a comedy of errors because i’m in completely uncharted territory; the devs decided it would be funny to give you maybe 5 curse heal consumables over the entire game, then make an entire region more or less auto-curse you repeatedly so you have to clear the entire thing with low visibility and losing ~100 HP/min. imo the actual trick is to NOT use any of your curse items until you’ve fully cleared the area (since you can live, miserably, with the curse, but the curse never ends on its own). this is especially true because there is roughly 0% chance later enemies will not curse you again. if you are cursed and don’t have a curse heal, afaict you are perma-cursed.

funnily enough, this sort of inverts the earlier logic of blowing all your acid vaccines in the water world because you really can’t tank the acid damage, both to yourself and to your equipment (and the enemies are tough enough that going full nude is very risky) (note: i actually am not sure the acid vaccine mitigates equipment damage). the major difference i suppose being that there is no curse vaccine/resist consumable.

new VOD

redid all of the undone progress, found out that curses do end on their own after something absurd like 20 minutes, am now lamenting that i have no current way to return to higher floors and hoping that a method reveals itself before the end

streaming now @ twitch.tv/meauxdal

an incredibly long VOD

over four and a half hours long. lots of interesting stuff, and i found it more comfortable to talk more and stop giving 6 second pauses in the middle of sentences as much

Gonna watch as much of these vods today as i can, v. interested in your from software studies

ripped all of the files from the Shadow Tower CD with an extraction tool today. there are exactly 6 minutes and 59 seconds of music present in the game. thank you.

1 Like

i wish ripping models from psx games wasn’t such a crapshoot. i’m considering attempting to make maps of Shadow Tower areas to supercede the barren ones on http://www.angelfire.com/games3/ShadowTower/ (which are apparently the best maps on the internet for the game), but ripping the level models seems basically impossible, at least not without significant additional knowledge and probably some coding

1 Like

these vids are dope, meuxdal. i finally got to sit down and watch some after clint told me about some kind of borb-slime-hijinks.

new VOD

over 5 hours long

streaming again right now @ twitch.tv/meauxdal for you night owls

Just finished the game. 2 1/2 hour twitch VOD

will be up on youtube shortly. 99+% complete bestiary, and i go over the whole thing, which is probably the best part!

1 Like

thanks for these, they are really interesting and super chill to watch

1 Like