. .: :[ LET IT DIE ]: :. .

haha, yah, I forgot to say anything but it was a nice surprise when ya sent both of us those screenshots!!! def makes me feel less sore about dying there >.0

this game isn’t amazing to me and it has a lot of frustrating things about it but in the end it’s still fun and free. I’ll try and say more about it when I’m not so tired but rn I’m on floor 13 and have been exploring alternate paths and the way the map is set up is really coo’

same!!! I still use when I’m in a tight stop but usually I don’t need it. right now I have been leveling up the metal bat and robber crossbow and both feel rly good to use to me atm

There was a formal fight last night between the team I had joined and another one, so I went on several raids. I suppose this means that there will be a series of revenge attacks on my base now, but that’s fine. I leave very little in the banks. (You can fit quite a few items in your prize box, and I’ve been holding off on removing the larger rewards until I need them.)

It might be obvious, but I’ve found it helpful to carry around a low-level fireworks launcher to grill animals when needed before picking them up.

I don’t think I can choose a favorite weapon. I’ve been leveling up a lot of them. The machete is fun to use, and I wish I had a blueprint for that one. I’ve found that the iron is the most effective for destroying structures (and its ridiculously violent finishing move when used on fighters is amusing). When I’m in a difficult sequence, I normally go with hammers or bats.

I sent one of my fighters off on an expedition last night for the first time. I guess I’ll see how that turns out next time I log in.

The hammer becomes super solid once you get the combo finisher skill level. It’ll drop most screamers in one combo. I like the buzzsaw and the iron as my multihit and one big hit type of weapons.

What are some hot tips for the second mid boss? I managed to take her down first try with one death metal and just doing kamikaze runs at her. I’m just wondering if the iron’s steam rage attack or firworks could be used to blind her to create more openings but I’m gonna fill out some quests and search some side levels before I try any experiments with her.

I wanted to finally jump back into this madness, but the 1.03 update is taking forever. I guess I can enjoy it just fine while that downloads though.

*Didn’t realize that and being online were absolutely necessary :doomdie:

The second stratum is really difficult. I’ve been leveling all these weapons and characters but I now feel like a child bringing my water gun +10 to a real fight

Dex build might be the way to go. Incidentally fireworks might be my favourite weapon type. They start as the worst, but they gain some additional flashy stun explosions with levels. Very useful for crowd control

I’ve been too intimidated to press the boss button so far. I will probably explore every available room in floors 1-9 before doing so.

Two things I like about the raids are my fighter’s perfect posture sitting on the train en route and a rescued fighter’s pose sitting on the train on the way back.

I didn’t actually realize that about fireworks, that’s good to know!

the furthest I’ve gotten so far is the first mid boss you face after the boss on floor 10. I’ve also been exploring side areas beneath floor 10 alot though, since I’m not afraid of dying before heading back to my waiting room now. but because I can make fighters up to level 50 now I keep running into level 30-50 haters that can potentially kill me in one hit instead :weary::weary::weary:

anyways, the PSN store is fully fleshed out now. it’s $15 for a month long express pass which I will prolly nvr get but isn’t bad I guess??? theres also a free PS+ exclusive pack you can get that gives you a lot of stuff, as well as a sale of 30 death metals for $5. there’s also a lot of other stuff that cost way too much. also, from the 24th to jan 3rd I think? there’s extra special login bonuses.

2 Likes

also anybody who hasn’t added me on PSN but wants to feel free to! I’m SweetsFighter on there. idk what having friends does in this game so far besides being able to run into their haters though?

I finally ventured beyond the tenth floor. I think I was actually a little overpowered for the boss. I like the visual contrast between 11+ and the lower floors. I guess I wasn’t expecting a change like that.

My new favorite weapon is definitely the sword. Although I don’t have the components to upgrade it to +1, it sure is effective against the now much-tougher haters I’m encountering.

A couple more things I’ve discovered:

• You can use the cooking pot next to the mushroom enthusiast. When standing right next to it, the throw action has a different prompt and you can cook things without throwing them.

• If you kill a pill bug, you get a Lifeshroom. You have to stun them before you can kill them, though.

2 Likes

You can cook things with open fires too in random sections of levels. Good way of prepping a Doomshroom for bosses and enhancing all your healing options.

I just made it through the first boss. And then got two-shot by Screamers the level afterward! Rogue-likes!

Oh yeah! The change in floor aesthetics from 11-12 made me go “ohhhhhh” in a way a videogame hasn’t gotten me to do in a long time.

Around floor 6 or 7 I had to rush through to the next elevator. Probably missed a good few nooks and crannies.

Frogs saying: “Get out” or “get it”?

“kero kero”, the japanese equivalent of “ribbit”

1 Like

Yeah, I love how the tier 2 ‘floors’ are different in literally every way. Also, since it’s a point of frustration I hear people complaining about online a lot: the moment you make a tier 2 character, even though they start at level 1 just like everybody else, the game will throw tier 2 haters at you regardless of the floor you’re on. That means your level 1 unarmed brand new character could encounter a level 50 hater on floor 1. Be careful!

They’re saying gerogero, a Japanese onomatopoaeia for frog noises. see also: kerokero. You can google these if you like. The scorpions say sasori, which is the Japanese word for scorpion. Feels a bit like placeholder soundeffects that they liked well enough to polish and leave in.

Lacking a ps4, i’ve been following bbh’s stream and he’s pretty far in, near the end

Kinda feeling like the game never really gets more complex, the numbers just go up a lot (and stakes for dying, really)

(boy could I ever give a lot of random hints about a game I’ve never played, though)

Oh yeah, I forgot all about kero/gero. How could I after shooting all these 'lil dudes?

I guess I have been lucky to encounter haters that are around my level in almost all cases. Even after beating Goto, I still find level 1s in the lower floors when starting a new fighter.

So far, I have had only one encounter with The Jackals. I like the way the alarm doesn’t belabor things. I didn’t get a good look at them because I ran for the nearest exit immediately. Upon reaching an escalator, I accidentally performed a flying kick. Fortunately, I still managed to escape.

The floors I am exploring now are kind of like a rough combination of something you might see in an Irem game and something you might see in Silent Hill 4 (which I guess makes sense, as this game’s director worked on Silent Hill 4).

Another thing I learned recently that is probably obvious to others: you actually have to eat a Lifeshroom to have it take effect. Without thinking about it too much, I had assumed that having it in my inventory was enough (like a Stone of Life in Dragon Warrior 3, I guess) and was then puzzled when I died anyway. I’m surprised how easy they are to collect given that they can help you avoid paying money for Death Metals.

the thing with lifeshrooms is that they don’t exactly rez you, they add 25% (50% if grilled) of your health bar to your health basically. if you have 500 health and a lifeshroom, and an enemy hits you for 750 damage, you’re still gonna die. it doesn’t interrupt any animations when it activates either, so it’s still really easy to get stuck in a combo and killed. that said, though, yeah, it’s still pretty vital to have.

I’m, like, halfway through this game, on floor 23, and have a lot of thoughts about the game!!! so I’m just gonna dump them here:

I can def see where the grind really sets in. losing a high level character on a far up floor sucks, and if you retrieve them yourself (provided you have another character thats just as well equipped to get there!!) then they don’t bring anything back with them. you can have uncle death retrieve them and they’ll have all the stuff in their death bag that way, but it costs a ton of kill coins. it cost me 66000 kill coins to retrieve a character on floor 23. that’s a hell of a lot! on top of that materials can be hard to find for good equipment, esp if you’re upgrading them. and if you want a gaurentee that you don’t die, you’re constantly spending kill coins on equipment and weapons for pretty much every venture, because everything breaks pretty easily in this game. it is possible to scavenge for everything, I guess, but it’s stressful and dependant on hoping enemies drop good weapons and not pants all the time or w/e.

honestly my biggest problem with the game is the haters. sometimes you can run into a hater that’ll kill ya in one hit, and it’s just not fun. it’s just kind of too random and too much? there are certain strategies you can use since they are AI luckily.

• sneaking up on them works really well for instance. even if your suplex doesn’t do much damage you can still attack them while they’re down and getting up. knowing where they might spawn on a map def helps, as well as listening for them since theyre always so loud. I find attacking them while they fight other enemies to be less successful, as other enemies will immediately ignore them and go after you the moment they see you.

• poisoning works really well too. haters don’t like to be poisoned for too long, and will eventually (if not immediately) start to vomit, leaving themselves completely open. a doomshroom is nice, but it’s possible that you might get poisoned by it too, and why I don’t use any other cloud shrooms like the teargas or sleepy shrooms either. the iron claw is your best bet really, because it’s quick and it’s attacks can poison them. you can find the blueprint for it on floors 11-20.

• the fish drops a shroom that can confuse enemies. this causes them to attack each other, but if there’s no one to attack they’ll just stand there the whole time instead.

• of course the best thing to do when in a fight with one (or a screamer) is recognize whatever weapon they’re holding and noticing the openings in theirs (and yours) attacks. unfortunately each hater has their own mastery level it seems, and of course many of the more terrifying ones pick something like the machete, which is quick and has a good reach. this means that you’ll wait for a hater to whiff their 3 attack combo or w/e, but has enough mastery in, like, machete, to have a fourth attack, and will hit you with that when you start to go in

anyways yeah. the combat in this game feels very much like, whoever gets the first hit in is gonna win 75% of the time. it can both be satisfying and very stressful.

also yeah once you unlock higher tier fighters that means higher tier haters will start showing up. I don’t plan on getting a higher tier fighter until I find some blueprints for some better weapons honestly.

there are some coo’ things about the game. I like its style! I like the loop it has, which basically is making progress by either getting further up in the tower or re exploring floors for blueprints and materials. I like the idea of its multiplayer, though it’s either frustrating, like when it comes to haters, or not super worth engaging with, like the raids. I like that different side floors rotate in every day. I think there’s 3 rotations right now? overall it’s def a game that I’m enjoying, but I dunno if I’d call it great or spend money on it if wasn’t free to play.

also there are certain side rooms you can farm to make the game easier. hiemo-jima (sp?) has a bunch of stratch tubers and a hater that you can revisit over and over to get tons of kill coins and exp for your weapons. okusa has 3 golden snails that always spawn there (which you can knock off a wall by throwing a live beast at them) and if you send any of your fighters on expedition there they’ll always come back with some. I can’t remember exactly on which floors they are on but it’s easy to look them up. I wouldn’t suggest grinding too much since it’s just, uh, boring, honestly, and it doesn’t break the game nor make you super good at it, but if you need any help getting premium decals or leveling up your fighters here you go.

also, the center area on the 11th floor has a bunch of chests and no enemies aside from a hater and an easily avoidable miniboss, so it’s always best to check it out every time you go in the tower in case you need floor 11-20 blueprints since you can ride the elevator there.

anyways sorry about the long post!!! I hope any of this info helps???

5 Likes