. .: :[ LET IT DIE ]: :. .

I have died a lot in this game, but I have made it to like the 7th floor with my current character, and once you get some blueprints going, the game does get significantly easier.

I actually am super enjoying this thing.

3 Likes

I like the way that, at least as far as Iā€™ve made it, every piece of clothing I find matters. It reminds me of choosing Deprived in Dark Souls and acquiring my first piece of armor, a single boot.

Before this thread, I had never heard of this game. Iā€™m enjoying it a lot so far, though Iā€™m not spending as much time with it as I would have had it not come out right before The Last Guardian.

I am curious to discover what is permanent and what is not when you die without reviving or have your base attacked, neither of which I have yet experienced.

1 Like

i havenā€™t liked any of the guns iā€™ve picked up so i guess i just wonā€™t use them right now. getting into a good rhythm with the wrenches. now that iā€™m in the thing proper, this is kinda fun!

i enjoy the feeling of frantically finding clothing that will help boost stats, and it ending up being things like ripped up jeans and a traffic cone. the music and aesthetics are pretty fun & less obnoxious than i was expecting, though i wish there was better sound mixing for the voices (mark hammill is in this??)

thank goodness this is a FTP thing and iā€™m kind of digging it, i needed a distraction to delay my purchase of FFXV

2 Likes

So, some guy got the Jackals stuck in the premium elevator where they donā€™t attack for fear of hitting each other, and he began wailing away on one of them, determined to beat him. He streamed this whole thing on twitch.tv (at a frighteningly low bitrate) - it took like 15 hours of punching. The devs were watching, too, and even took the game down to hot patch the Jackals out of the game for everybody else so that this ā€˜exploitā€™ can be fixed. When he finally beat the guy, he couldnā€™t pick up the dropped item because it was too close to the elevator lady so her prompt to change floors overrode the prompt to stomp the box open.

Dude just whimpered a bit and ended the stream. Some people say he started streaming again later and just spent the time eating poison mushrooms and vomiting. The devs are sending him something in real life I guess, as thanks or in solidarity or something. Fifteen hours, wowza.

He got a tweet from the creator of the game at some point (the character he was playing in the elevator was named Linda):

https://twitter.com/GrasshopperShin/status/807514790008528896

And then some others when Linda actually defeated the Jackal:

https://twitter.com/GrasshopperShin/status/807526570126548992

Of course, the guy(s) running the official LID twitter were watching:

https://twitter.com/LETITDIETheGame/status/807516804012589056

So, yeah, if youā€™re wondering what that mail in your underground rolodex is mentioning Linda for, thatā€™s what.

5 Likes

this game seems pretty cool. if it didnā€™t come out right when I got a PS4 and bought bloodborne and the last guardian Iā€™d be playing it. should be a nice bonus for owning the system once Iā€™m done with those two, even if my glacial souls-playing pace means that wonā€™t be for an eternity

1 Like

wow, this game sort of came out of nowhere for me. one day i was on Twitter and saw someone say something about ā€œSuda51ā€™s Souls gameā€ and i was likeā€¦

anyway, this is the first Suda game iā€™ve paid attention to in what feels like a long time! i like it! a lot!

it plays a lot better than i thought it would and itā€™s weirdly polished in a way i wasnā€™t expecting, considering ā€œFTP Souls Rip Off.ā€

but mostly what i wanna know is - can i get the Waiting Room music back to the original music because if i have to listen to Japanese Nu Metal for the rest of the game iā€™m going to be incredibly sad.

add me on PSN if you havenā€™t already! isfet0

thereā€™s a radio in the arcade room you can use to change the muzak

Suda didnā€™t really have anything to do with this i donā€™t think.

i like it, is good, but fuck that lock on camera

yeah but that specific song! thereā€™s like 300 songs on that damn radio. ;__;

camera has some issues, for sure. have had a few deaths pinned directly to that.

Does anyone actually know what Sudaā€™s precise involvement with anything post-Killer7 has been

seems like on this game heā€™s a in a creative director kind of role with the scenario/aesthetic kind of stuff going through him to some degree

When the game required me to attack someoneā€™s base to advance, it matched me up with someone with minimal defenses. I kidnapped one of that playerā€™s fighters, but then felt bad and let the guy go right away.

I then set up what I thought was a decent defense, but someone attacked my area the next time I stepped out and broke everything. I didnā€™t seem to lose all that much, though. I guess you donā€™t totally drain the banks.

While my base was under attack, I was in the middle of a long multi-segment path that had started to make me nervous until I finally found a functional elevator with no armor and one brittle weapon remaining.

Hereā€™s a bit of info about the raids:

• The player they make you invade for the tutorial is just that: a tutorial developerā€™s account - donā€™t feel guilty; you can keep that hostage for as long as you want for some SPLithium
  • Other players that raid you compare 2 things when looking for a target: the amount of currency you have in your two banks, and your raid level (the number under the probably bronze emblem to the right), so to make yourself a less favorable target, increase the latter by doing successful raids and defenses, and decrease the former by spending your money before climbing the tower or signing out, and leaving reward money in your reward box until you absolutely need it

You can spend SPLithium to increase your max amounts of currency, and this also increases the HP of your banks. This means that the raiding players have to spend more (limited) time beating them down. Also, after a while, you can make ā€˜defenderā€™ type characters. They can tank for your banks, so to speak, and slow the raider down even more.

Itā€™s true that the raiders only see 10% of your funds, but the problem is that you can get raided ten (made-up number, but itā€™s happened to me) times in a night while youā€™re gone. Sure, 10% of 90% of your funds is smaller than 10% of 100% of your funds, but all those raids add up. If youā€™re a tasty target for the first raider, youā€™re still a pretty tasty target for the second raider, and the third raider, etc.

Initially I just didnā€™t bother assigning characters to defend at all because I didnā€™t want them kidnapped but now I do add enough people to hopefully increase the chances of a raider dying or otherwise not completing the raid. I wanna keep my rating up so people wonā€™t even bother.

1 Like

I will be curious to see how many times Iā€™ve been invaded when I sign in tonight. Iā€™d just spent all of my money on a reusable decal, but I guess that one or more of my three defenders could be taken, their upgraded pants notwithstanding.

POUNDING IN MY HEAD

2 Likes

who said the music in this game is garbage? i wanna fight them

2 Likes

you can get it back, itā€™s like song 00 or something?

however you could jam 2 that rad aural vampire track imo

there are a few standouts among the lame metalcore but yeah thereā€™s a lot of that stuff

Am I missing or is this game just kinda bad

And yet characters are, besides a few matrix-plugholes and a facemask, ideally toned, fit, healthy humans.

i assumed that all the people we see are lab-grown soldiers made by some outside conglomorate or something, with the assumption that the towerā€™s treasure will be worth more than the money theyā€™re spending on making soldiers

The cutscenes in this are quite fun