. .: :[ LET IT DIE ]: :. .

Ugh, that swipe mechanic has caused me to eat a poisoned mushroom in the heat of battle. That was bad bad bad. That said, I used explosion mushrooms to help me beat the first miniboss, but he’s slow and seemingly blind.

i haven’t got past level 1 and even though i was definitely picking up coins, when i died i didn’t have any. is there something i’m doing wrong?
for now, though, the aesthetics of this game are so good that the other stuff doesn’t matter. it just looks so hostile and dirty and rotten, and that feeling’s increased by the fact that you’re picking up dirty raincoats and stuff of the corpses of your enemies. i wish fallout 4 looked like this

go to the lobby and interact with the big ugly purple brain to level up

2 Likes

So I raided a base and have a dude locked up in my bathroom. This seems to be the best way to make SPLithium (the third currency in your list) which is used to increase your bank(s) max amount of currency (I was running into the limit a lot), and the number of player slots in your freezer.

It’s gonna suck when I get raided though.

A couple more screenshots and a couple of notes. I started getting bothered by the level cap but then I realized that you gain access to more player types as time goes on (collector, striker, etc), and once you beat the first area (ten floors), I was told that you can make people that go over level 25. That said, I wondered how I’d get to floor 10 with ‘only’ a level 25 character and realized that I actually needed to improve my actual playing, in terms of timing blocks to stagger the enemy, etc.

Whereas frogs and mushrooms are always important (especially at lower levels), blueprints and materials become the most important items later on in the dungeon because they give you access to more durable and less duct-taped-raincoat-looking gear.

I like the not-really-a-focus story that you pick up from videos in the arcade or these comic book/catalogue pages that you find out and about.

5 Likes

And here’s some links to interviews with the creator.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/23/let-dies-director-talks-one-upmanship-fueled-games-top-nature/

http://playstationinsider.com/2016/11/an-interview-with-hideyuki-shin-director-of-let-it-die/

Here’s a few more tips that I’ve found:

• ‘up’ on the d-pad will cycle your lock-on.

• ‘hunger’ is a thing and affects your stamina (listen for tummy growls!)

• press L1 and R1 at the same time … for funsies

• apparently there’s like 3 ways to grill food, and the other two are faster than throwing. will try tonight and post 'em

Has no-one completed this yet anywhere on Youtube/Twitch?

Oh man, I’m such a PS4 noob that I forgot you can take screenshots ingame! I ran into Rudie and Adil’s haters when I was playing on Sunday but didn’t get pics of 'em. Oh well.

1 Like

Oh fuck, I just found out about this today because vidcon news gives me anxiety like a motherfucker and this sounds so awesome. Downloading it when I get home.

So far I have killed @Rudie and a bunch of IRL friend.

I’m 100% certain tons of people have completed it; there’s a lot of ‘known’ info out there already about all of the bosses, the number of floors, etc. I’m just pluggin’ along at my own pace, though - and don’t want to be spoiled.

1 Like

Definitely doesn’t seem like a game that can be sufficiently explored in only a few days. I think pluggin along at your own pace is the best way to play this one.

update: i pwned @108’s hater

2 Likes

Now that we’re talking about Last Guardian’s molasses movement (by design and technical ineptitude both), let me say how pleasantly surprised I was to see PS2-era snappy slidey foot movement when turning around. Because they’re doing it in a naive way that’s still responsive but most games are so animation driven they’re ruined by their animations and weight to start moving and turn around. Witcher is but a recent standout example of how little so many games care about movement in the stop/start/turnaround space, not just running, and it makes it a chore to navigate towns and buildings.

oh and I was surprised because I don’t trust Grasshopper to do anything more complex well so at least they stuck to a workable anachronism

2 Likes

Is this game down for anyone else? It doesn’t seem to be working for me :frowning:

There’s an emergency maintenance period going on right now.

Also, wow. Apparently sometimes you have to go back down to get to new rooms - it’s not all an upwards thing. I started getting mad that I had apparently ‘missed’ a sticker in my sticker rally book and started exploring the different branches and found some weird-ass rooms, including a cutscene with some scary new characters. Also a new elevator that is not connected to the existing one, so I couldn’t take it back home.

Also, somebody finally raided me :crying_cat_face: :skull:

If I deleted my save so I could play through the intro stuff and tutorial stage again whilst streaming, would that fuck up me getting those free death medals at the beginning again?

You’d miss out on all the daily login bonuses that have already happened since the game came out, however you would acquire new login bonuses. That’s my guess, at least - I’m not even SURE you can delete your save; might need to make/use a new PSN account?

Anyhow, here’s content I guess (valley girl in Japanese videogame, and a pink Apple eMate??):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYBJlZzhco

I have not died in this videogame.

1 Like

whoa