Keep your Brother Nier and Your Dad Nierer RE

I am probably going to love the improvements to the game… but regardless, I really like Dia Lacina, one of the strong writers on the videogame press.

I am slightly annoyed at how hard everyone is trying to not like the thing

5 Likes

Squenix curse after Kingdom Hearts and Balan.

1 Like

That said I thought the music was perfect in the original and think all of these new performances miss the mark. There are no vocals to Radiant Winds!!

1 Like
2 Likes

Are you a replican or a replicant?

1 Like

nearly piquante

3 Likes

cool the status messages are in the steam version

not super into the new ost, otherwise nice so far

2 Likes

if you have been around when the first one came out, you’d have experienced people bitching about dad nier and how lame it was that we didn’t get brother nier.
It’s amusing to see the moaning the other way round this time, that’s for sure.

srsly though, why would they fxxk around with the OST if there was no need to?
Is it an engine-thing that they cannot cross-fade properly now, this isn’t exactly rocket science we’re talking about… there’s a reason why they released four (five?++?) albums for this game in a relatively short amount of time back then, and a few people loved it/played it for the OST alone. Not realizing this as a project manager of a remake amounts to serious oversight or blatant ignorance, and i cannot imagine SQEX letting happen with this IP…

or is that Monsieur Taro pranking everyone all over again :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

apparently there’s a new ending

if this is the PC port we are talking about i am willing to bet that music crossfading troubles are specific to the port, the nier automata port was similarly denuvo’d and terrible

Is it based on the ending E that never got made? I think it was in the book.

Nope I am playing on ps4.

;_____; uh oh

1 Like

bring back nier busey

1 Like

You can’t tell me I’m not Dad Nier.

10 Likes

My take so far:

Having only played the Dad Nier versions on both consoles, I miss the clunkiness of his movement. Dad Nier could literally fall on his ass pretty easily, and Brother Nier seems to be more spry and athletic. Pair that with playing at 4k/120Hz vs. the old 720p variable framerate mess, and it almost feels like Dad Nier was clumsy in part because of the framerate. But he had more heft to move around and old bones. The world felt more hopeless as Dad Nier.

So far I really like this remake tho!

4 Likes

Are you noticing Radiant Winds and the worse fading? Just trying to confirm if I am just being whiny (i am being whiny).

2 Likes

I am definitely noticing. The thing that gets me the most is when you approach Devola in the beginning by the fountain and you hear her lyrics to the music. My memory of the old games has it very gradually fading in based on your proximity to her. In the remake it seems to just be “on” or “off” or at least less fine.

3 Likes

Yeppppp

3 Likes