I’m doing a Nuzlocke again, because I lost all the stuff for the last one in my move and machine switch. Also because I was barely able to play that one, because teaching was a nightmare that made me work all day every day.
So this time around, I’m playing Sacred Gold, a hack by Drayano of Pokémon Heart Gold, the DS remake of the Gen 2 games. This game is Gen 4, so mechanically it’s basically equivalent to Gen 5, the time when the games were the best.
You can’t argue with me I’m right shut up
The best part about this game is that your lead Pokémon follows you around, which is the cutest shit.
So, let’s get the housekeeping out of the way:
- If a Pokémon faints, they’re dead, we’ll eulogize them or somethin’.
- We can only befriend the first Pokémon we meet in a given place, so if they run away or we scare them, we don’t get a new pal.
- Caveat - Species Clause: If the first Pokémon somewhere is the same kind as one we already have in our party, we won’t count them as the first encounter.
Sacred Gold v. Heart Gold
- Every Pokémon that exists in Gen 4 is catchable somewhere
- HMs are made to be more viable as moves, since we’ll need to have them
- No evolutions are impossible for a solo game
- Various Pokémon were rebalanced
- Every trainer is harder, and gym leaders have full rosters of 6 competitively viable Pokémon
I will update this first post as we go, likely adding a table of contents like I have in the past. I’m planning to update this once a week, to stop myself from sinking my life into playing a Pokémon game.
Also as before, I’ll be naming Pokés after SB users who interact with the thread, and I’ll be using they/them for all Pokémon unless requested otherwise by someone who got named.
Also also as before, I’ll probably be using this as an excuse for a silly metanarrative and to do art. Without further ado, let’s get to it!