Kali's Doing It Again, Someone Stop Them: Pokémon Sacred Gold

since someone stole my gengarqueer i want to be trubbish or muk

1 Like

i wanna be dunsparce

2 Likes

Regrettably since its Gen 4 there’s no Trubbish n Garbodor, but we can give ya some poison type - it might be a bit before we get to a point in the game with em tho

1 Like

is there a loud screaming colorful pokemon just give me that one

2 Likes

i hust wanna be a cool bug type

1 Like

i’ll just be whatever. i’m cool with randomizing, that way it’s fair for everyone and it’s not complicated by having to remember who is supposed to be what.

1 Like

well you dont gotta make me a bug type, i just like em

1 Like

I played this romhack for a bit (just beat Bugzy) and it’s really cool. All gym leaders have full 6-Pokémon teams and interesting movesets and strategies, though the AI can still be kinda dumb in some trainer battles. Excited to see this run go

1 Like

Yeah the stat spreads and held items and everything make them pretty fun! Plus it’s nice to have all pokes available. In the past half a decade I’ve probably played more drayano hacks than I’ve played the vanilla games, they just are more fulfilling to me

1 Like

Spr_3e_294_s

Loudred is a screamy dancy colorfulish monster

3 Likes

oh i loved them in detective pikachu!

i know who a character is if its from that movie or the old anime. or if its trubbish

3 Likes

I’m pumped for this thread! I love the art and stories that you put together in these.

2 Likes

I started our run, and kept forgetting to post our lil’ start here! So now, let’s actually start with a little sketch:

We start our journey in New Bark Town, a place that somehow has about 3 small families living in it in addition to a fully-featured laboratory, no safe connection to any city, and no agriculture. There’s not even an acoustic emo scene, what gives? Being a bored and unruly youth, we are conscripted to the whims of one Professor Elm, who sends us into the woods unpaid to go get his mail.

The good news is that one of the Pokémon in his lab dipped out with us, a rad lil’ Cyndaquil named Cania (@VastleCania). Together with them, we set off for this “Mr. Pokémon”. Along the way, we met an eccentric man in the woods who taught us how to do guerilla gardening, and gave us a case to store the fruits of our labor in. Swell guy.

When we reached Mr. P’s spot, there was a strange woman speaking about prophecies, or something? Anyway she was cool and mysterious and I’m gay. Through her, we made another friend, a sassy Eevee named Onesy (@OneSecondBefore). We picked up Elm’s mail from the old man, met a different old man who gave us some doohickey, and headed back to town to finish this stupid delivery.

On our way back, we met some dorky AnCap who ranted about the government and his property and punched him in the fucken teeth (I do not remember what I named him, oops. Didn’t name him Silver, though). We got back to Elm’s, and finished the unpaid gig. And now, with new friends by our side, and no obligations, we have free reign to go cause a hell of a ruckus, somewhere! Aimlessly ambling through the countryside’s definitely not the worst use of our time.

So Plans for this Crew:

• Onesy is +ATK, and at the end of Bellsprout Tower (something not particularly far away) we get the item to evolve them into Leafeon, which would actually be a really good idea, so that’s the plan. We’ll be shooting to keep them under level 13 until then, because they get their first grass-type move by level-up then.

• There are literally 5 locations to make friends immediately available to us right now, all of which have a ton of times and ways we could go about it, since Morning and Day and Night all have different encounter rates, and some pals are only around at certain times. There’s also fishing in the two small towns we’ve been to, because we receive the Old Rod immediately in this hack, and there’s a lot more available with it than just Magikarp. Next update will probably just be a who’s who of the friends we’ve made, and plans for everyone.

• To that end, I could not figure out how to find the people who partook in the poll, possibly because I made it a pie, and as such my name-list only contains people who’ve donated the blood to a post in this thread or who’ve posted in it. So if you wanna be our friend and almost certainly die tragically to a stray critical hit, do one of those, probably.

9 Likes

ahh i’m a mon

so excited

2 Likes

Also the lady we met was Cynthia, the champ from Gen 4, who’s theme owns

1 Like

Me right now:

I’m so pumped to be a pokemon!

2 Likes

I aspire to be a completely useless plug that’s only in the party briefly

2 Likes

i’m ready to die for the cause

2 Likes

just realized i could be reborn as mareep…

2 Likes

I demand to be a pocket monster and refuse to administer a blood potion

1 Like