JOHN WICK

I can retire from posting now.

2 Likes

i was also disappointed (??) that the molten gold vats were not used for murder purposes

I think wick would of had a better time with the armored bullet sponge enemies in the final level if he actually had a 5.56 rifle instead of for some reason a 9mm carbine. why a subgun for a big fight at the end? he was even warned about armor ahead of time!

also is wick killing a high table member the problem or is it that he killed him in the continental. because the high table member he killed had hired him to kill another high table member in the first place and no one gave a shit, and winston in the 2nd movie made it sound like if he wanted to kill him after completing his marker it wouldnā€™t be a big deal, but this movie made it sound more like high table members are completely off limits

I did enjoy the shotgun usage more this time because grabbing two shells at once and loading them is cool looking and he also therefore had way less downtime with the gun than in 2

itā€™s irritating to me that when sti or whoever came up with 2011s they didnā€™t do anything to make them any more lefthand friendly

my frustration with 2011s and czs though is over though because there finally exists a full size steel framed gun that is everything I want, the walther q5 sf. it not only has full length slide with five inch barrel, and ambi controls and is optic ready, it has a compact 15 round grip. every review I read complaining about the small grip just makes me want one more. The factory trigger is blue for some reason though and it looks like a weird scifi toy but what can you do. otherwise

Iā€™m glad to not be alone in this train of thought.

Almost makes up for anyone implying anything negative about a cz ever.

Did I post this here? But I just watched 2 a couple weeks ago and thought it was absolutely hilarious they shat on the 1911 right in macho gunguysā€™ faces

I did not realize the carbiney thing was a 9mm, I assumed it was some kind of 5.56 platform so I was flabbergasted why it couldnā€™t penetrate the armor when 00 slugs could (??). Now that I know it was a 9mm instead now Iā€™m flabbergasted why he didnā€™t take a damn rifle. Take a damn rifle John Wick, take a damn rifle literally everywhere what are you doing

The magazines are noticeably 9mm mags. Of course, they defo made this decision specifically to justify poor penetration so they could shake up the choreography + justify the escalation to 12 gauges (and their own attendant inflection on the choreography, in turn).

I never buy Halle Berry in anything but They (They) obviously had a lot of fun building sequences around a body so different from olā€™ lankmonster Keanuā€™s. Itā€™s hard to keep things fresh when youā€™re 200 corpses in!

Would like access to whatever recoil-dampening system was making those Benellis kick so soft whilst firing slugs, personally.

itā€™s more the problem is my hand size and hand handedness. I donā€™t like feeling like Iā€™m trying to hold robocops gun just cause I donā€™t like shorter harsher recoiling slides

and I donā€™t want to go down the path of trying to track down the rare only a few imported steel framed compact cz, trying to get a hold of just a slide from the full size, making it into one probably weird looking gun, seeing if maybe the ambi slide stop from whichever now discontinued cz it was that had that can be fitted into the frankensteined thing and somehow come up with a holster solution for that. and then after all that how can I go through with having it milled for an optic.

You donā€™t need an optic if youā€™re John Wick

The Halle Berry section was so damn great. Good dogs!

1 Like

Thereā€™re a lot of these floating around the PNW. Iā€™ve had two! Then sold two when the Financial Desperation hit again!

But I guess, really, ā€œa lotā€ by cz standards.

Itā€™s hard to do gun LEGO with a non-major brand.

well Iā€™m not john wick and Iā€™m never going back to iron sights

I knew halle berry was going to be an asshole as soon as she said she was management though

https://sentinelconcepts.com/event/partners-defensive-handgun/
they canceled this course cause gun people have no friends or loved ones but who is going to be ready with me next time it comes up

the hell cz usa is in kansas city but I hardly ever see czā€™s anywhere here

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT

• A functional and practical handgun chambered in 380,9mm, .40 cal, or .45 ACP.

They wonā€™t let me bring my Five-seveN this is bullshit

3 Likes
1 Like

gonna be a controversial party pooper in this thread and state that while i can understand why people like john wick, the first movie comes so close to being great and then fails so completely that i hate it so much

the gunfights are waves gun in direction of head, insert digital muzzle flash and blood spurt here so nothing feels as violent as an action movie like this should. the best parts of the movie are when he does sick hand to hand stuff and thatā€™s because he gets PHYSICAL and all of a sudden you have a grounding for everything thatā€™s going on

people say the floaty pseudo-dream violence is ā€œthe pointā€, but honestly if you make a film with guns in it, and show the gunman killing people in detail, and you DONā€™T USE SQUIBS, your film should be flown into the sun. robert rodriguez did squibs on a shoestring budget, shoot 'em up did squibs despite its extreme goofiness, way of the gun has really tense and amazing gunfights, these big time john wick dumdums can put the effort in to making their movie a good gun flick.

the other annoying thing is every character basically turning to the camera and going ā€œjohn wick is the coolest motherfucker on the planet, look at how rad this guy is, yo itā€™s JOHN WICKā€ and i just want them to stop. let me come to my conclusion about his coolness without having your character explicitly tell me how i should feel about it, thatā€™s so insulting and awful

that said i really like the concept of john wick and the game looks very good.

i havenā€™t seen 2 or 3 so i donā€™t know if it gets better.

1 Like

A large part of it* might be the cinema landscape having a certain deficiency at least compared to some previous decades and JW kinda updates or refreshes it for new indulgence

a large part of what

Edited; the general response and hype factor ā€œwhy people like it so muchā€

Thereā€™s quality on its own merits (like the unfolding of the hit-world a large ways into the 1st one worked like super glue) but Iā€™m just saying the hard boiled flavor hasnā€™t been in style quite like that for a while.

point to the sentence in my post where i express confusion over ā€œwhy people like it so muchā€

Yeah, Iā€™m just noting thereā€™s a strong reception outside of the this or that critical holding, just lent to the times and revamp factor. Not a disagreement with anything you said exactly.

*wellā€¦you didnā€™t mention that in particular so I donā€™t know why youā€™d be dismissive of me doing so. Iā€™ll try and not bother you any further, adios