ITS LEMON PIG TIME

Haha what??? Despite being American I’ve never heard of this. Sounds great. Maybe they should have all the Christmas ornaments be pickles.

3 Likes

saw a pickle at the department store when we went to get a new ornament this year, but the rest of that theme was on-topic (hamburgers, milkshakes) that I didn’t reconsider. went with a frog prince instead

2 Likes

My mom got my sister in law a pickle ornament, but only because she hates pickles. I didn’t realize they were “a thing.”

1 Like

My parents discovered the pickle thing when I was in middle school. A friend of my mom’s got her a pickle ornament and it came with a little booklet describing the whole situation. It wasn’t an expensive gift but it was certainly yet another thing someone bought with money.

At the time I was making it my thing to be against such frivolities. I remember being extremely annoyed by the boomer tendency to seek out and ““adopt”” new consumerist Christmas ““traditions.”” Stolen pickle valor!!

I can respect a lemon pig because it is literally a piece of honored garbage. But whoever had the idea to repackage and sell a pickle of emptiness is annoying to me

3 Likes

I’m upset that its not real pickles

2 Likes

Nothing is set in stone…

2 Likes

PICKLE PIG

4 Likes

Someone should try this. I’m curious what would happen given that the pickle itself has been brined and is therefore somewhat preserved. I’ve never left a pickled object out in the air for very long because I eat all my pickles dutifully

1 Like

they get covered in lactobacillus (which the brine usually washes off). tho it will also dry out

2 Likes

my poor little lemon pig was shamed so much this year. my partner is disgusted by her and visiting friends mocked her but the joke is on them because she’s getting a friend this year

16 Likes

she’s beautiful!!

they always look so happy at the end of the year

1 Like

just so… happy…

7 Likes

dont think ive forgotten about my lemon pig, ill be transferring the mouth penny when i wake up

2 Likes

I’ll try to make one tonight, but it will absolutely probably get tossed like a month into the year and spiral me into grave misfortune for the rest of 2024.

2 Likes

Who’s the leak??

https://twitter.com/jamzdens/status/1741516805376475244

They were completely out of lemons at the store when I went today so will be making a lime piggy instead asap

10 Likes

Trying to map the state of everyone’s lemon pigs to the climates they live in.

4 Likes

got a big boy this year! happy new year to all fans of rotting fruit

11 Likes

Well besides having to use a lime instead I aslo forgot to buy cloves but oh well. Happy new year!

9 Likes

BLIND PIG BLIND PIG

4 Likes