ITS LEMON PIG TIME

lemon pigs are my favorite new years tradition! what is a lemon pig you ask? well its a lemon, that you made look like a pig, and you put a penny in its mouth for good luck (and possibly to keep it from rotting all over your shelf all year, but i dunno wourme seems to think the rotting is a feature)

how do you make a lemon pig? ITS EASY!

heres a helpful recipe that revived modern lemon pig fantatism from a 1971 cookbook called 401 Party and Holiday Ideas from Alcoa. alcoa stands for aluminum company of america, but you dont need any foil for your lemon pig if you dont want!! you can make a curly tail out of all sorts of things. lemon pigs have no restrictions. you dont even need cloves! just break pieces of toothpicks, color em and stick those in for eyes! you are free to gain luck however you wish with a lemon pig

what do you do with a lemon pig? WELL YOU PUT IT ON YOUR SHELF AND WATCH IT SLOWLY SHRIVEL. its caveman gunpla

heres my piggy from last year that im going to replace tomorrow!

ode to the lemon pig (ca. 1985)
LEMON PIG! LEMON PIG! LET HIM INTO YOUR HEART!!!
LEMON PIG! LEMON PIG! THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR YOU START!!!
YELLOW PIG, SHRIVELED PIG, BRINGING ME LUCK ALL YEAR!!!
LEMON PIG, LEMON PIG, I HOPE YOU ARE ALWAYS HERE!!

49 Likes

oh yeah

please make a lemon pig and post it ITT

3 Likes

This is incredible, I’ve never heard of this. I feel like you just told me about a brand new type of folkway or something from some fantasy land I’ve never learned about before. I feel like I’ve learned about the concept of lederhosen for the first time. Thank you

11 Likes

make the phrase “lemon party” wholesome once more with your very own lemon pig!!

11 Likes

I forgot to make one of these last year, but I was determined to do it this year.

First, here is a shot of my 2020 lemon pig, taken a few days ago. For the last six months, its companion has been a piece of popcorn that my visiting niece noticed looked like an animal head.

And here is this year’s lemon pig:

And here is a spider who I displaced when I cleaned the shelf where the 2020 lemon pig has been rotting. (I didn’t hurt the spider. It’s free to rebuild its web.)

And here are the two lemon pigs together.

22 Likes

oh who dis

it’s lemon pig, bb

this is where she’s gonna live next year with her cow bud! can’t wait to see it shrivel into a lil poopoo

20 Likes

I’VE GOT A HUGE ASS FUCKING PIG THIS YEAR

finally I made a cute one and not a little freak. but I love my freak son too

I’ve been passing the same penny between pigs because it feels more like they’re passing down something important

26 Likes

as long as you make your pig before NEW YEARS DAY is over your pig will bring good luck. if you make a lemon pig anywhere before christmas or after new years everything you touch will instantly catch on fire for the year that you cheated. i dont make the rules

10 Likes

LEMON PIG FROM THE LATE 1800S??? IS IT REAL???

18 Likes

jacques pepin loves the lemon pig!

5 Likes

15 Likes

For a second I thought your pig had some sweet missile launchers

12 Likes

potato once was the main material

guessed the lemon smell more good than a potato :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

I saw a banana porpoise while I was looking for alternative lemon pig builds

6 Likes

My lemon pig was MURDERED to make a cocktail!!

21 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5 Likes

Prepared to cut me a lemon swine before realizing the date the very moment my knife nicked the citrus fruit and spontaneously caught fire

My intentions were good!

11 Likes

just tell yourself that your lemon pig is on a different calendrical system

7 Likes

i think the fire risk is totally worth it to make a late lemon pig

7 Likes

Not the first time I’ve been advised to play with fire, but the one kid I knew who did burned down his Ghostbusters Fire Station HQ Playset and I was envious that he had one in the first place

7 Likes