is Grimes the most Insert Credit/Select button musician?

1 Like

she just told Narduwar how much she loves shooting guns

:heart_exclamation: :heart_exclamation: :heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I. Uh. Get Grimes and CHVRCHES mixed up constantly.

2 Likes

All trans women love Grimes btw

4 Likes

Also seconding this

Grimes is pitched high enough that I can’t make out the lyrics well. CHVRCHES comes in clear as a bell. Then you got PVRIS which is even lower pitched (and a different music genre altogether!).

Alternatively you have Purity Ring which is sort of the middle ground between Grimes and CHVRCHES.

1 Like

personally tho I think @meauxdal is the most ic/sb musician ayyyyy

7 Likes

Don’t forget everyone else who posts in the music-making thread!

2 Likes

Meanwhile half of it just reminds me of Crystal Castles

Obligatory:

The music video from Oblivion is pretty killer imo

7 Likes

I love her ears :3

[spoiler]Art Angels sounded too much like a victory lap, mostly

love the song in the OP tho[/spoiler]

Her music does absolutely nothing for me. I want to like her but it just leaves me cold.

She is way more tumblr aesthetic than sb tho

1 Like

It’s okay to not like her music! I actually don’t like the third album beyond the singles (which are great)

And yeah, I see her as more tumblr than sb

yeah Shrines at least is more obviously about fucked up body stuff than Grimes or CHVRCHES is. C Castles feels like a better comparison

1 Like

Just to check: CHVRCHES is pronounced “chee-virches”, right? There must be no other way, intended or otherwise.

I guess PVRIS would be “pee-vris”

1 Like

GISing “martika 2016” was quite pleasant

I’d never heard of this lady until this thread, which is a point in favor of her SB mascot fit

but yeah based on these four music videos I’ve watched I’ll go with the other people who mentioned chvrches and crystal castles and put her somewhere between those two. I like chvrches and crystal castles so that’s pretty cool

“shiver-shays”

2 Likes

these pronunciations are so kvlt

It’s pronounced like “Se7en.”

3 Likes