Indivisible šŸ‘

After playing it for about 10 hours I have to agree

I found the experience somewhat inconsequential but pleasant - v. beautiful game with inoffensive Metrovania sequences and an OK battle system - but I got mad when I lost to a boss twice which is something that never happens to me when playing a game and is not a good sign!

My one biggest gripe has to be how battles use a blazingly fast ATB system (like Final Fantasy 4-9 but 10x faster) instead of being turn based like Valkyrie Profile
You donā€™t have the time at all to plan and strategize so you just end up button mashing and hope it works, unless you always stick to the same characters you know very well, but then the game becomes boring. Pick your poison.

Plus there were several times where I got absolutely stomped by fast enemies because the time windows when I could go on the offensive between their attacks were so short

Maybe this could have been solved by adding a time pause once every characterā€™s ATB gauge is full? As it is though, I canā€™t extract any enjoyment out of these battles beyond surface level aesthetics

3 Likes

Not that I was expecting it to be possible, but considering how many backer-supported games like Indivisible have had post release relaunches where they modified the game to be more like people expected it to be, and made them much more enjoyable as a result, its a shame theyā€™ll never have the opportunity to un-Mike-Z the game.

This sucks

honestly this never felt like it ever came together the way people wanted it to

I know a lot of sb alumna are involved and it seems like theyā€™re good for work in the future so thatā€™s good but the released product as a game that you play never seemed remotely the equal of the labour

4 Likes

I got about 5 hours in and the writing never worked for me, the battle system was visually minimalist but required a lot of mental juggling (play 4 fight game characters at once.) I put it down and never felt like picking it back up.

1 Like