i want to give you a copy of the coolest plane game of all time

edit: claimed by meauxdal! hell yeah

i don’t have a ps2 that can run us games anymore and i sold off my whole collection except for one game – sky odyssey.

i’ve wanted to do this for a while but i’m definitely going to the post office tonight or tomorrow night to mail off a camera i sold so here’s my chance to do it!

this game is sick. i love this game, it’s one of my favorite ps2 games. you know how in like, ace combat or whatever, there are some missions where you have to fly through a canyon and you feel super cool when you do it? this is a whole game based around stuff like that. not gonna ruin it all but you’re gonna be flying through canyons, caves, blizzards, waterfalls, and a whole lot more. and it’s kinda tough but there aren’t many games that have made me feel this cool when i finished a mission.

also, the dude who did the soundtrack for this game also did the soundtrack for shadow of the colossus! how cool is that

so here’s the deal

-you live in the us
-you have a way of playing us ps2 games
-you think this game sounds sick and you wanna play it
-you are willing to (a la mikey’s steam sale giveaway) write a post or something similar about this game when you’re done with it. i wanna see what you get out of this game and have you share it with the community!

if you said “yeah that’s me” to all of those criteria then i would love to mail you my copy of this game for absolutely free. make a post here claiming it and then send me a pm with yr address. if you are nervous about giving this stranger yr address i am more than happy to send you a pic proving that i do indeed have a copy of the game that i want to give to you.

i intentionally did not post any videos of the game because i want yr imagination to run a little wild – if you wanna look up some vids that’s fine, but it might be more fun to just keep it a surprise for yourself!

3 Likes

I have this game, it is awesome though I never finished that level where you have to make it over a mountain

This game is straight up for real the best there is.

Yeah this is straight up the best arcade-y flight sim out there. I love the level design in it.

NB if you have played a lot of regular flight sims, the controls will be difficult for you for the first few missions.

I also have this game and just want to say that yes it is indeed as sick as everyone is saying it is.

I always get mixed up between this and SkyGunner, but they both rule so W/E :lamulana:

2 Likes

well there’s the testimony folks, someone come scoop this up!

I already have and like this game too so it’s looking more and more likely that you’re going to be stuck with it.

I would love to claim this, but my gaming time so limited that it would be an actual shame to take it from someone who could give it more love.

someone should claim this already.
If i weren’t yuropean, I’d have done so by now, so I want at least to read about how someone enjoys this game soon.

PLEASE PLEASE send me this game?

I meet the requirements. PilotWings is one of my earliest videogame memories, and by far one of my fondest. I’m also on an endless PS2 kick since I recently modded my console.

I wants it. PM me?

2 Likes

sky odyssey has been claimed – looking forward to see what meauxdal thinks of it! :blush:

1 Like

ffuuuucckkk

Wait, so had all of you played this already?

Has it long been one of those Secret Best Game Ever Forgotten Gem games? I think it’s the first one of those from the PS2 era I’ve never heard of!

I remember really wanting to like Skygunner, because it looked so cute. But at the time the controls seemed really clunky and counter-intuitive. I really wish I had played through Crimson Skies. I really enjoyed it when I played it, but for some reason nothing drew me to actually playing through it.

I used to have Skygunner as well and wish I still did now. It was really difficult to get used to the controls though. If it had had Crimson Skies controls then it would have been perfect.

Most of the programmer dudes that stayed in the game seemed to end up at NDCube (Hudson dudes, I guess) making Mario Party games, it seems. Notable previous work from the programmers: Hagane, Herzog Zwei. A number of the art dudes went on to work on Code Veronica.

I think if I won the lottery, a million dollers to these fellows to make a new plane game.

1 Like

sky odyssey is amazing. i need to go back to it now that the world is ending

i never got past thhis mission too. apparently there is a spot to refuel but i could never find it?

I’ve been meaning to replay this game

When I get to the mountains I’ll be able to explain how I got past them the first time around.

(Yeah I am that person that 100%ed this game)

1 Like

the mountains force you to learn how the game handles its physics. trial and error, don’t be afraid to get experimental. once you figure out what it is asking you to do it’s relatively easy