I made a SB Minecraft server

Pig Harbor

I’ve been adding some tiny paths to make navigating spawn easier as well. Also upgraded the chicken roaster to hold more chickens and therefore roast more chickens. I’m not much of a builder but I do like infrastructure!

1 Like

I made Grandpa’s Walking Stick earlier and tried it out once. I went back and used it once or twice more, and I’m not quite sure what happened, maybe it was because I got a running start, but I knocked a cow into low earth orbit.

SlimeFun gives the game a bit of optional progression, which is unnecessary but enjoyable at the moment.

And let me be clear, I never found the cow.

That’s…pretty incredible.

I’ve been using the Gold Pan from SlimeFun, it lets you destroy gravel quickly and get clay/flint/sifted ore out of it. I’m levelling to unlock the Soulbound Sword because I love dying and keeping my stuff anyway.

I might make a world tree type thing. I think I found a good spot for it.

those isometric shots are so great

now I just wish Minecraft had a better color palette

1 Like

1 Like

chill

1 Like

I have created a hidey hole underground, accessible only via portal. I added the portal to the Portal Crossing room, which I assume is okay (I’m hoping, anyways). The portal may teleport you several miles, or perhaps directly 4 blocks downward, I’ll never tell you which.

I wandered into the nether for the first time, upon which I was greeted by a gang of literally dozens of zombie pigmen waiting to jump me in. Like, so many that the server lagged out trying to update all their actions. After thoroughly eviscerating me, I respawned to them all marching single file up out of the Portal Crossing (I didn’t even know they could use the nether portal) to try and beat me to death again. I had to seek refuge in the cow pen; I tried to screenshot it, but apparently print screen isn’t the screenshot button. I spent five minutes punching them all to death over a fence.

I’m looking forward to making Damascus Steel armor tonight!

2 Likes

I would join this except I just installed Forge to join with some friends on another server, which I actually don’t play on because it runs like absolute shit, which may be down to me not installing 64-bit Java. Maybe. Anyway, the odds are low that I’ll figure it out and jump in, it does sound nice though!

this is the best thing

minecraft never takes things far enough though, i want to see a full-on dwarf fortress endgame. i want to watch Diablo’s forces grow stronger

1 Like

I should really put a door down there, huh?

Oh, and screenshot is F2. F1 gets rid of the HUD/your hands too for nicer screenshots.

No worries for the moment. The zombie pig menace has been thwarted!

1. Save up enough XP to learn the Digital Miner recipe and its dependencies.

2. Build a hopper, a dispenser, a chest, 2 solar panels, and 4 iron blocks.

3. Find an area, and arrange the materials like so:

http://i.imgur.com/EWaFJu0.jpg

1. Right click the dispenser a bunch of times.

2. Look on in abject horror as your machine heartlessly sucks up all valuable minerals in a 9x9 area, down to the bedrock.

http://i.imgur.com/2YXiHfv.jpg

I don’t know that I’ll use the contraption more than absolutely necessary seeing as how it’s essentially fracking for the Minecraft Age, but considering step 1 was extremely labor-intensive and I gambled countless XP levels before even knowing what it did, I don’t mind snagging a few resources in self-repayment.

Holy crap that’s incredible. I had no idea SlimeFun had anything like that. I need to dig deeper into this ridiculous mod

I re-rendered the isometric map to be higher resolution, but ALSO it cycles with day and night now.

2 Likes

Yeah, who knows what all the mod holds. I look forward to us discovering over time! Khan and I were having a laugh that there are apparently radioactive materials once you get deep into the crafting.

I did, however, make a suit of Damascus Steel armor. It’s iron armor, with every piece pre-imbued with Protection IV and Unbreaking IV. I don’t have a way of knowing if the base durability of the armor is the same as iron, but I suspect it is.

What’s your tactic for gathering experience? I’ve always found it extremely slow unless you build some sort of farm.

The game does a good job of alternate experience sources.

A reasonable way is to go fight stuff. Zombie pigmen in the nether are pretty good for this, and if you drag them to a big patch of soul sand, they can’t swarm you that fast.

Mining coal, redstone, lapis lazuli and diamonds give you battle-free XP. I suspect the same is true of the emeralds, although I haven’t yet stumbled on any.

Once you have a fair amount of coal, smelting shit in furnaces gives you XP too when you collect the finished products. You could just smelt a bunch of cobble into smooth stone and get XP for it.

I think every ten levels you gain, the next ten levels are harder to get. Or something like that… I remember reading something to that effect on the Minecraft wiki awhile back. So mainly, don’t hoard your XP levels unless you explicitly need to for some goal. That was the toughest part about the Digital Miner - the recipe requires 40 levels to buy.

E: Here’s how it apparently ramps up XP per level:

http://i.imgur.com/dBPPZNF.jpg

Torches torches everywhere

No, don’t make me want to do this

Cammon, come build a Pantheonino somewhere.

The one I built was already a Pantheonino, really. This would have to be a Pantheonissimo.