I made a SB Minecraft server

#SBMC

I’ve been running a Minecraft server for about two years now. I played with some friends (including @The_Blueberry_Hill) on it a while ago, but it’s been mostly unused for about a year and a half now. I think it’s time to open this baby back up and get some folks playing again. I’ve done some maintenance and testing, plus I built an automatic chicken roaster, and we’re back up and running!

It’s pretty close to Vanilla, but with some quality of life add-ons like death chests, easier tree-chopping, a live google-style map, user-creatable portals, and some other stuff. Everything has been built without creative mode or admin commands, so keep that in mind when you encounter a giant wall of stone in the wilderness. That took some pretty intense labor

My name in Minecraft is Cube_of_Ages, if you see me

###Vital Info
IP: 198.154.120.46:25565
WHITELIST ONLY!! Tell me your username and I’ll whitelist you!
Live map: http://198.154.120.46:8123/
More info and commands: https://clint.neocities.org/
I even made a special Discord: https://discord.gg/Sn67hSp

###Cool Shit

It’s a Spigot server running the latest version, which means that I can install mods, but you don’t have to do anything except join. Some of the things I’ve installed:

Live map: A google-maps like plugin for Minecraft!
Courier: Write people letters while they’re offline!
Healthbars: Enemies will show health bars when damaged!
Slimefun: Use your experience to build things like rocketpacks!
Portals: Make portals anywhere and link them together!
Death Chests: Tired of losing your stuff in the wilderness? When you die, your stuff is saved, and you get a special compass pointing you back there!
Live Mini Map: Get a map that shows your surroundings at all times!
Choptree: Chop the bottom of a tree with an axe and the whole thing comes down!

Screenshots:

Let me know what your username is and I’ll get you whitelisted! Share screenshots of what you build!

It’s like Rust with less genitalia and people are nicer!

Oh, and the resource pack I am using in those screenshots is this: http://resourcepack.net/default-32x32-resource-pack/

Can I get there on my PS4 or Vita version? I’m assuming not.

Nope, sorry! Windows/Mac/Linux only, I believe.

I forgot that I’d wandered off on an adventure so had no idea where I was when I checked back in :-}

Someone’s really done some ocean-faring.

Yeah, when I logged in I was in the middle of the ocean in a boat. I…don’t remember how I got there.

Oh right, we exiled you. Don’t come back.

1 Like

I want to be in on this. JVToups.

Or like vincent.toups@gmail.com if you need my email address.

I was just recently feeling the itch. I think I might be in on this, wherever I find time! Probably no world tree this time though.

I believe my user name was IcedInferno. Please add me!

Old things:

New things:

1 Like

Remember our old-old Minecraft server that had the skytrain built between everyone’s areas? That was a lot of work yo.

I remember whichever one I built my first cathedral on. That took awhile as well.

You’re added! You should get a starter kit when you join and there’s a ton of food near the starting area.

Added as well!

That was the server with your scale reproduction of the Acropolis? That was great.

I’ve only got fuzzy, vague memories of what I built there. I remember the rail stop near me was built into an early abandoned cottage. And I was eclipsed by someone’s wood and glass affair with a fairly thick cactus farm/fence.

Edit: Oh yeah, booji’s cathedral was in there too! I remember exploring it; it was big enough to have shadows in the rafters! Felt appropriately vault-like. Helped that underneath was deliberately set up to be a good environment to spawn enemies no matter the time of day.

This sounds like a real neat thing! I’d be interested in joining, my username should be aelcrowd.

Done!

Yeah! It was cool.

It’s weird how making the Acropolis utterly sapped my will to play Minecraft. It was like, that’s all I wanted to do, now I did it, the end. Notwithstanding that I could potentially make a WAY COOLER one (same layout but squared viz. quadrupled scale - as it was it felt very smooshed). All I want to build in Minecraft is reproductions of ancient architectural marvels I guess??

There was a skyrail stop right at the back of the Acropolis. That was pretty rad.

now make Angkor Wat

at scale to carve the friezes, naturally

Spawn looks pretty rad from the isometric map

2 Likes