I can't believe today was a good play (Games you played today)

there are two new draconian options in switch dragon quest and they’re both great

one is “townspeople openly fuck with you sometimes” and it’s hilarious, like the item shop lady just said “guess what, I’m your real mother!” as I was leaving town on my big quest

the other lets your whole party get shypox

7 Likes

Mutant Year Zero: Day 2

They mention that certain encounters are probably too much for the player and they should sneak by, only to return later. This is not a bad idea but it makes it a bit tricky to tell which battles should be fought and which should not.

It’s a rather stealth-heavy game, with an emphasis of using your silenced weapons to try and kill individual enemies before they can react. Attacking a group seems nuts unless they are made up of low level/health units. All the numbers in the game are very low so far, if I get a critical hit I do maybe 7 points of damage which means enemies with 10 HP are in play while those with 16 are not. That said the one team member who has no silenced weapons does have a melee ability that makes no sound and stuns the enemy for two turns which can take out those 16s, but it needs to be recharged by your group killing three enemies before it can be used again.

Again I know nothing of the genre, I looked up a few “what abilities to unlock first” things to help myself a bit so it is possible I am setting myself up for disaster later but for right now it does work well with your characters basically being scavengers, picking off those it can but otherwise avoiding enemies that can hit back. Apparently elevation is rather important but I haven’t really figured out the how of it yet, and I don’t have a great feel for if I am or am not in cover.

universal paperclips has been ruining my life for the past few days

7 Likes

The best thing about it is, it doesn’t last forever. Keep expanding

3 Likes

yeah I just beat it. it’s really good. and terrifying/depressing

1 Like

It’s a great game, definitely made me reconsider what an idle clicker can be

1 Like

spaceplan is my favorite clicker that ends, i got lesbian grandma to play the browser version this week

how much further after the hypnodrones does this go, i’m going to lose my progress on this work computer lol

1 Like

there is a substantial amount after that

1 Like

that’s about a third of the way through the game iirc.

also, i think the game saves progress between browser sessions (unless you’re in incognito mode, of course). somebody correct me if i’m wrong.

2 Likes

it does

Played through Gorogoa again by request from two proto gamers, which is relaxing. Then we tried Hyper Light Drifter which was not. Constant queries about what the next plot reveal would be or kind of rude commentary at how bad I sucked at it. The smallest one calls it “the Minecraft game” because of the pixels, which is weird because I don’t think they’ve seen anyone play minecraft??

Also I worked out what ‘Drifter’ refers to

4 Likes

Beat that White Day remaster for PS4 the other night and it still holds up. I’m not sure what tweaks they made in comparison to the PC version (beyond the obvious) but the atmosphere is still impressive. I think it was the first of it’s kind and as a proof of concept for Alien Isolation, we should all be grateful for its place in horror game history.

I watched a let’s play of MYZ and it gets insanely hard towards the end I think. Memory’s kind of hazy but be prepared

1 Like

6 Likes

Interesting, I traced it back no further than Amnesia. Was Amnesia (2010) influenced by White Day (2001)?

the first clip you watch in telling lies is an Ethan Hawke in before sunrise rp to the letter

five stars

1 Like

oh my god I can’t believe they made this French woman do this no budget camgirl shtick

these performances are a lot cringier than her story but that’s not the actors’ fault at all…

1 Like

I am dying, Sam Barlow’s idea of naturalistic dialog is making me dead

these are seriously voyeuristic, good for the actors for carrying it off, I have no idea what anyone will make of it on their resumes

3 Likes

this is like watching hysterical literature if it were staged as a Skype call lol

2 Likes