it sez it’s from a ‘moss jam’ so you’ve probably got a lot to dig through
I played this last week and it’s really excellent, one of those instances where I’m jealous of the language dexterity of someone for whom english is a second language
it sez it’s from a ‘moss jam’ so you’ve probably got a lot to dig through
I played this last week and it’s really excellent, one of those instances where I’m jealous of the language dexterity of someone for whom english is a second language
yeah ive been playing moss jam stuff all day
openworld psychotropic swimming through the naturespace Swamp Thing game when
at one point in my life i seriously considered changing my name to Cassie O’Loopy
i don’t know if that can be done, but there was a tv input add-on to let you print screenshots of tv. it’d probably be useless now that the analogue signals aren’t used anymore though.
i think i heard that they made more of these addons than the number of loopies they sold. maybe they’re buried in the desert
No Man Sky is about to have some kind of bumper update so I figured I’d see where it’s at now
It’s at Minecraft? This is it?
that’s a pretty reasonable direction to take Elite in in the late 2010s
as can be seen by the fact that their are something like a dozen games matching that description that have broken out in the past two years
I think a bigger issue with the Casio Loopy is how to export the images from the console to a file or a generic printer since that printer paper is mostly expired and the stuff that isn’t is going to start getting gobbled up by the collectors soon.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ExuberantMuddyPeanutRitzMitz i forgot to mention but i’ve been playing super mario 64 again as a more relatable character and having a fun time
In a fit of poor judgment I bought the three Burger King games in Austin. Truly only removed from my homeland can I embrace our monarchy.
I finally played them too. They are all surprisingly well made! Big Bumpin’ is the weakest being a vaguely physics based clumsy top down sport thing. Anything vaguely physics based annoys me really quickly particularly by AI that is not encumbered as I am.
Sneak King I expected slightly more from but the AI pathfinding and the level design and the verbs don’t really match so a lot of the missions just feel like wasting time and what was novel for 15 minutes was tedious at an hour.
Pocket Bike Racer had the most generic name and was the hardest to find. It is also the one I had the most fun with. Some of the tracks were well designed and I got into some time attack stuff. There was a wealth of bonus modes that it was questionable why they were there because they didn’t work at all again with the level design as it was.
The prescence of trophies in 360 games made me wonder how much tedious time was wasted getting those instead of doing literally anything else then I thought about time I had wasted on cheevos and got real sad.
I tried to start Project Slipheed 360 and the anime-ness and then realizing it was a console anime space flight sim made me turn it off immediately and wonder why the hell I bought in the first place (because I was in America and ready to buy questionable games I can’t get here. (See also above (see also Halo Reach and ODST (See also the Kinect I bought in Redmand)))).
That series consistently drops in quality. The old computer game is really good, the Sega CD game is good, the ps2 game isn’t very good, and the 360 game is trash.
finally a market for Bog Dwarf the game about a Bog Dwarf
get that bog butter
After promising for 8 months I finally got my kid a Switch. My wife spent last night halfheartedly pedaling the exercise bike while playing Mario Odyssey. It seems pretty fun. The joycons are absolute pieces of shit.
tried out dragon ball fighter z. i made the mistake of forgetting that arcsys games are meant for high-octane brain geniuses, and i am known for my dumb bitch energy, and got my ass kicked really bad. so i went back to playing tekken 7, and that still rules.
the main things I was missing to go from bad to acceptable at DBFZ (i.e. getting to the point of being able to beat the AI on hard) were “block more” and “just absolutely dump everyone’s meter into supers when you get an opening.” it’s definitely not a game where you can’t poke but when you start doing real damage, you should be totally unloading, and I found that unintuitive at first.
MK11’s version of this was “memorize a couple three hit combos for each character you want to play or your intuition will be worth garbage” which is a lot more of a wall for beginners but it at least communicates it earlier
for some reason I thought I’d play ultima ix today, until it crashed a couple minutes in, but I had forgotten at the avatar’s house there’s a text by richard garriott writing about how he’s abandoned the virtue system for ethical hedonism which is symbolized by a dick
the pedant economy has really dried up
Someone keeps giving David Cage millions of dollars
I beat Diablo 1 yesterday. I had only played up to the Butcher back in the 90s but I had good memories of it, and the whole game holds up. It doesn’t get enough credit relative to its much more famous sequel IMO. The experience is a lot more focused and doesn’t outstay its welcome. I used the Rogue class (reportedly Barbarian is tedious/limited and Mage is brokenly strong, so it seemed like a good choice to experience the game as intended).
It does a good job of mixing up the encounter types in each stratum in classic minimalist roguelike style. The first stratum is basic slow melee enemies, the catacombs are full of charging guys and a smattering of archers, the caves is shitloads of ranged enemies in large open spaces (lava/fences instead of walls), and hell revisits each encounter theme in turn and has Doom-style switches that reconfigure areas.
The gold economy also changes form as you go through the game. At the beginning all your gold goes to potions and any weapon/armor worth buying is out of your price range, and by the end health potions are practically free and you’re instead thinking about how to budget your money on stat bonused-equipment to meet the minimum to equip something else expensive.
I beat Diablo himself by filling my inventory with health potions, having my inventory screen open while I was fighting him, and swinging my mouse back and forth shooting one or two arrows at point blank and guzzling a potion at a pace of one per two seconds (Diablo could three-shot me and he attacks twice as fast as a normal enemy). I had a glass cannon build (110 dexterity, 45 vitality, armor class 22) so I had to mouse really fast to avoid dying, but only for about 30 seconds.
I also love how proud the game is of its 10-second blurry cutscenes with voiceover that explains events they were unable to show visually. The obvious limits bring back to life the original context of the game, so that what’s left is still parseable as “impressive” and “cool”