I can't believe today was a good play (Games you played today)

oh my god I can’t believe they made this French woman do this no budget camgirl shtick

these performances are a lot cringier than her story but that’s not the actors’ fault at all…

1 Like

I am dying, Sam Barlow’s idea of naturalistic dialog is making me dead

these are seriously voyeuristic, good for the actors for carrying it off, I have no idea what anyone will make of it on their resumes

3 Likes

this is like watching hysterical literature if it were staged as a Skype call lol

2 Likes

I guess that’s why you make your big critical success first so you can produce an incredibly horny followup about the fearsome eyebrow seducer

2 Likes

I’m gonna kidnap Steven Soderbergh and make him play this game tied to a chair

2 Likes

76 posts were split to a new topic: the (war)craft

Barlow does know what he’s doing but

Men sometimes have too much fun being critical of men

I’m playing DOOM (2016) for somehow the first time, and i love it to death and I think it’s my favorite FPS now?! my former favorite FPS was DOOM II: HELL ON EARTH and this is the perfect sequel, and also the perfect reboot

It’s definitely my favorite console FPS — ive never jived with twin stick first person movement, but it just feels right in this game

I love the hand animation on Doomguy The Doomslayer. coming home from my frustrating job, this guy feels really relatable, with his clenched fists shaking with barely contained rage and all. I’m fed the fuck up with this shit, and so is he, and you can feel it. the part where Ultron wants you to carefully dismantle the Literally Hell Energy devices, because they are expensive and profitable, and Doomslayer just kicks the shit out of them instead. It’s so satisfying.

and the first time i died in lava and he did the T2 thumbs up i laughed hysterically

14 Likes

Yes! I’m replaying it at the moment and my favorite FPSs are the same as yours, so I feel you. Have you found a collectible yet? The animation for that is so fun as well. The anti-thesis to the rage. Well, he only does it for the first collectible you pick up but still

yeah!! i whooped aloud at the first bump :smile:

1 Like

OK even though I found the first hour or so to be A Lot I think they were mostly doing the thing where streaming shows put all the sex in the first episode except there’s no sex in this so instead they were just way too on the nose about getting the most exploitative seeming parts out on the table to set the tone. Fine. Fine? Idk but I’m definitely going to wind up playing through the whole thing in one night.

Structurally it’s not as revelatory as her story because that part is pretty much the same but it was genius the first time around and even if I’m a little ambivalent about how they used some of the characters and it doesn’t make the same impression as watching one incredible performance, the broader scope is definitely worth it.

3 Likes

This is the felix content I crave.

2 Likes

there’s no such thing

Men don’t get enough criticism

4 Likes

Yeah that’s not the issue here exactly

2 Likes

I think I get what you’re saying? Like Lewis CK built this whole career until recently of just dragging people through the mud in a way that he presented as introspective but was really just a way of absolving himself of needing introspection?

That kinda thing?

5 Likes

yeah, along those lines. It’s definitely my main criticism of this and it’s tied to my response to the first hour (which is not by any means going to be anyone else’s first hour). It’s really good, I’m just not sure it justifies that aspect.

2 Likes

uh, playing dq8 for my second time this year just because i wanted to do some things differently. it’s sucking up the hours again, but it’s all passing by so much more swiftly this time. it’s really a perfect video game imo.

5 Likes

This basically dies out by the second half of the game and it sucks and is what ends up making Noom less than it could have been

The shooting keeps kicking ass though (although because of the upgrade system it ends up having that problem where things get easier as you go rather than harder)

I finished replaying it a few weeks ago on whatever the hardest mode is that doesn’t make you start over the whole stage (game?) on death.

This ensured closest to max tension the whole time and after the first few hours of frustratingly getting slaughtered I reacclimated into Blast Marathons on par with my original hell romp

2nd half doesn’t have as many narrative pats on the back but it didn’t matter, almost entirely slayer/guy business after you get the BFG

Early on they seemed so crucial, then I got so zoned I forgot to make use of most handily placed power up orbs.

Curbing away from the shot-grenade I found a great pal in the railgunnish laser * chef kiss *

1 Like

turns out the american airlines infotainment units recognize the ps mini controller!

proceeded to wreck the tetris highscores despite being bad at tetris

17 Likes