how is plummer formed (mario maker)

this game almost makes me want to buy a switch

well, it does make me want to buy a switch, but I can’t justify that

2 Likes

In anticipation I’ve been playing through the MM1 levels here: http://mariomaker.phgizmo.com/

It’s a collaborative project of pretty consistently high-quality levels (although some are sort of balanced for people that play a ton of Mario Maker, and it took me a while to get back in the groove).

2 Likes

Y’all I’m so frothing I can’t believe it

Does America not get the stylus with preorder? I want the fuckin’ stylus.

no stylus :frowning:

1 Like

No overlapping pipes is pretty lame. I guess I didn’t think that some subset of MM1 levels would actually be impossible to make in MM2. Like my pipe maze.

No custom auto scroll in vertical sub areas is a bummer too. And I would’ve liked to be able to make an autoscroller go backwards for a bit.

The rest of the stuff was tame/expected.

Maybe the pipe thing isn’t the worst change, because as a player you now know pipes will act predictably. But I also liked stacking pipes for aesthetics. If you have a lot of pipes going to the same place, they’re going to take up so much room!

1 Like

Based on this and other previews, it seems like they’ve rounded off a lot of “rough edges” and strangeness of MM1 in the name of polish and accessibility…

but with all the new mechanics being introduced, I feel like it’s a pretty safe bet that a lot of game breaking nonsense is going to show up pretty soon after release, just like it did after the first MM released.

4 Likes

But is Skinny Mario still in it or not???

What about Fat Luigi and Flat Toad?

1 Like

As far as early reviews are saying, no. Makes sense in light of the multiplayer game guess

That’s a real shame. Hopefully they eventually add some other way to let you play with Luigi physics.

game should be called luigi maker anyway

1 Like

“Never again.” Miyamoto whispers to himself hunched over the desk, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

6 Likes

Whoever removed Weird Mario is now my enemy and I refuse to play their soulless game

4 Likes

can’t tell the same joke twice

I’m trusting that spirit will exist in MM2 but we haven’t been spoiled on it yet

2 Likes

I’m disappointed about some of the changes too, but considering all of the inventive contraptions were made with the comparatively stripped down tools of MM1 I’m looking forward to the ensuing clusterfuck that on/off switches + tilting platforms + cranes + night stage rules + slopes are going to add in the hands of the community.

3 Likes

i’m here for as many slope glitches as possible, and i assume there will be at least a few notable ones

slopes are fucken hard!!

1 Like

Really surprised to learn there is no option for motion controls when playing docked. Always thought that having your controller be mouse pointer was one of few times when waggling actually made sense?

Nintendo showed a move list in one of the E3 Treehouse vids and apparently they simplified the motion for the long jump in the new 3DW style: rather than run -> shoulder button -> jump, it’s now just any shoulder button while moving.

I suppose that makes it more accessible. The weird thing is it replaces the spin jump from other styles, but 3DW has the other kind of spin jump (rotate the stick before jumping) and they decided to keep that and remap it: you press jump after pressing a shoulder button while holding up, which sounds like a standing vertical version of the old long jump motion.

No idea what happens when you just press a shoulder button.

1 Like

oh dear

crouching for just the perfect amount of microseconds and then hitting that jump button was when of the best frictions around

3 Likes