How do you pronounce "SNES?"

The numbered generation thing doesn’t even feel useful on top of being ahistorical.

3 Likes

3RD GEN PEDANTRY

16 Likes

what was the site called though i can’t remember

i wouldn’t know — i can’t recall ever joining any zelda forums lol. i just adopted the terminology back when it was in vogue and still haven’t let go of it (can’t remember if it was a family thing or a romhacker thing or a late 90s nintendo fansite thing (probably all of the above))

anyhow, as for the site, maybe it’s on this list: https://zeldawiki.wiki/wiki/Category:Zelda_Sites

EDIT: replaced link to the zelda wiki on Fandom with the Not Evil version

1 Like

Super Nintendo was standard, but I often just called it The Super.

1 Like

Agreed on what a lot of y’all said, in my experience in the early 00s, Europeans were the only ones calling it “SNEZ.” Meanwhile, in the 90s, the only ONLY people I knew in real life who called it a “SNEZ” were exclusively people who played Earthbound and were thus Ness-cucked

why did so many places initialise “nintendo gamcube” as gcn instead of ngc

It was the official Nintendo acronym for whatever reason

4 Likes

my guess is that they thought NGC was too close to NGPC

it always made me think ‘gamecube network. the hot gaming console for singles’

like that entire phrase every time i read it

8 Likes

That is because that was the intended reading, bringing attention to the system’s broadband adaptor, which was used for all of 4 games, 3 of which were PSO games.

1 Like

Super Nin

4 Likes
7 Likes

In english essness, in french I use super NESss.

3 Likes

at some point i started using super nintendo snes and esnes interchangeably, bringing chaos to my personal life

3 Likes

I always thought Ness’s name was meant to be an NES joke.

3 Likes

Now I think of it, it isn’t even called SNES in french, it’s called “Super Nintendo”, so I guess I’m only calling it Super Ness now I’m old and internationalized.

5 Likes

Biggie called it “Super Nintendo” and I’m not about to contradict one of the greats

11 Likes

snez cos i’m unfortunately british and watched bad influence and gamesmaster as a kid

3 Likes

It was es en ee ess in Louisiana and Mississippi.

3 Likes