Homestuck is coming to an end

No they are posting updates about it and it actually looks good?

thatā€™s fair, though i think having to take commands from his audience was a check on hussieā€™s ambition. hussie closing down the suggestion box for good is followed almost immediately by the troll arc, which is, wellā€¦ itā€™s like he kept the tone of a conversation with his audience, except now heā€™s just talking to himself, and going farther and farther off the deep end.

you chose the perfect place to stop imo; i think Cascade is as good of an ending as weā€™re ever going to get. i watched the 18 minute end of act 6 animation and felt pretty much nothing. at this point it feels like the 10th season of a generic shonen, but with MEMES (thereā€™s literally a fight scene with the undertale ui; the reference makes no sense in context to anyone who doesnā€™t recognize it, and itā€™s embarrassingly ham-fisted)

1 Like

I dunno, man. Considering Toby Fox made a lot of music for Homestuck over the years and actually started initial design of Undertale in Andrew Hussieā€™s house, it seemed really appropriate for Homestuck to throw a nod in that direction in its final moments, and considering itā€™s only a handful of frames in what is already a frenetic and bewildering video (entirely in keeping with the animations thus far, in that regard), it struck me as no more perplexing to the uninitiated than the average Homestuck animation to its own readers since, say, [S] Jack: Ascend.ā€”thatā€™s the first video where I could only describe with confidence maybe 75% of what was being depicted; it was only with the assistance of wiki entries or subsequent summary pages that such animations resolved in my perception from impressionistic blurs into concrete and specific plotting.

On an unrelated note, this topic reminded me that three years ago, I compiled an unnecessarily literal index of all commands to increase altitude.

1 Like

so i read everything up until the last pause in a week. it took seven or so times over the years before i could get through act i without abandoning it. from what iā€™ve read so far, iā€™ve come away with being surprised that i enjoyed what i read at all. iā€™m a pretty casual fan, but some of these characters and subplots made me feel some really ungoofy and serious stuff so, props to hussie.

homestuck is so old that i remember livejournal rp blogs for it.
iā€™m glad fandom antics didnā€™t stop me from enjoying something.
i do not regret my abrupt decision to read most of this!

Iā€™m so old Iā€™m confused that lj was a thing when homestuck was around.

Now I canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve nuked my livejournal from orbit?

If I can give Homestuck credit for anything (which is easy, since I have an Heir of Wind hoodie and a signed copy of the first book), itā€™s that all my irl homestucks and I have been disturbed at one point or another in how well certain characters portrayed our own flaws. Tavrosā€™ character arc really goofed me up.

my twitter feed has posted this several times already so i thought i would just link it here too

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT7.html

The final stretch ended up being a lot more straightforward than Iā€™d have thought. Iā€™m not sure whether to be happy or disappointed. Because thereā€™s nothing really new, you know? It lacked a twist. The way the defeat of Lord English (and many other things, really) is left completely offscreen is rather surprising. I canā€™t help but wonder how it differently would all have been handled if it had been in classic form rather than an animation. Or maybe Iā€™m just not quite getting whatā€™s happening?

I donā€™t get the ending either.

Gamzee felt like an unfired Chekovā€™s Clown.

is this supposed to be an Infinite Jest style ending, ā€œall the plot threads meet just right of frame?ā€

because, uh, fuck that. fuck this.

there were so many people speculating EoA6 was a false climax, which all signs seemed to be pointing to, but, uh, nope. SUCK IT, NERDS

Nah, itā€™s much more literal than that. I agree with the interpretation posted here: there was nothing more to the confrontation than what we saw. Itā€™s a Perfectly Safe Capsule ending, Ć  la Mother 3.

it was arenea and dirk for me

i found out what homestuck was because of lj.
i didnā€™t have a computer at home so i didnā€™t get to surf as much back then.
your journal is probably still around if you didnā€™t delete it yourself.
there was a purge of inactive accounts but i really donā€™t know how that worked since i stumble across blogs from over a decade ago all the time.

oh fuck. This might warrant an axe thread?

I had a livejournal that I gave to a former forum member for a secret project. It is long gone or heavily transmogrified by now.

I had a livejournal and at some point I figured out that through that I crossed path with a couple of known IC figures (before I knew they were such), via lj groups.

I remembered them because they used their lj time to be Huge Public Assholes go figure.

btw whatā€™s a Homestuck?

A foe

I still have a top 10 GOAT list on my LJ. It isnā€™t even really that embarrassing. Maybe it ought to be and my taste has become terrible???