Hardware To Be a God

it is the worst philosophy and ties in perfectly to the death of the open web and the move to garbage social media sites instead of people copying and pasting other people’s HTML to make a website about their favorite croatian bands

7 Likes

it’s impossible for me to agree with this given how many times I’ve watched people crash and burn trying to do what should be basic dev tasks on Windows, but I understand why people feel this way

1 Like

all computing can be boiled down to punching yourself repeatedly and your choice of OS is just where on your body you’ve decided to place those punches

15 Likes

I’m going to become the joker

12 Likes

open gatekeeper

also I told you not to buy this because I knew you’d hate it

I think I got it working okay for now. I would like it to not resume playback from where I left off, but lets not push our selves too hard today

5 Likes

man, how did y’all not grow up with DOS on 286, 386 or 486 machines?
Did you never write your own start menues and alternative sets of CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BATs for maximum amount of HIGHMEM and sub 640k segments?

… helloooo?
anyone here???

:tarothink:

7 Likes

alas, not all of us are 40 years old

6 Likes

Although I grew up with some DOS in my life, mostly I’m just an idiot who keeps trying to use linux

3 Likes

I got ultima 7 running with sound effects, music, and speech all working on a 386 once, but that was then and this is 2022. I don’t want to get out and crank start my car at every stop light either

19 Likes

I cant believe apple mac of all OSes doesn’t have a pre-packadged top tier video player in 2022

4 Likes

change thread title to Hardware To Be a God

12 Likes

let’s wait until parker reaches a conclusion one way or the other

4 Likes

I can’t return it I need to know the opposition

14 Likes

Ultima 7 on a 386, with all bells and whistles?

Seiji-Iwaki

n…n…nani… my inner initial D peasant is channeled out of pure envy… Grand Prix Circuit and Test Drive Duel were the few gems we got running on 386es, with true PC Speaker bleeps and blops.

Indeed, I feel old :grandpaTarothink:

6 Likes

I mean I’m sure there’s one you can pay $70 a year to subscribe to

1 Like

the Steam Deck is the worst purchase I’ve made because I keep buying games to play on it

it’s going to end up costing me more money than I would save not buying console versions

4 Likes

Is it fun to use?

Yes but I’m an idiot

I own a Steam controller and I like it

8 Likes

For me it’s over two decades (until I read this tweet)

10 Likes