Guilty Gear Strive is the best fighting game I've ever played

reversal supers are deterrents. if you’re playing someone a lot, they should definitely test your ability and willingness to use them, but in a quicker ranked setting most of the time you’re just forced to play around them once your opponent has meter. sometimes I’m real bad at it because this game is so oki focused, and pot in particular really has to take advantage of the opportunities he gets, so it’s easy to be overeager. it often depends on the matchup, too. playing against Ram I give reversal super utmost respect, because 1) Ram players fucking love it, and 2) Ram players love it for good reason, because it’s really good and they both generate meter easily and are not dependent on RCs for their win condition.

but yeah, literally never wakeup with a slow button in this game, it’s way too oki focused and way too high damage, you’ll get blown the fuck up. reversal backdash is a strong option that a lot of lower players completely ignore. you get 4-6 frames of full invulnerability on backdash in this game depending on your character, that plus the distance will get you out of a lot of setups.

1 Like