Got a selection of GOOD STEALS on sale, stranger! (Part 1)

I mean it’s all moot for the yurtless

2 Likes

It’s kinda blurry, and I can’t tell if that’s just how it is, if it doesn’t like my glasses, if it doesn’t like my computer, or all three.

I’ll play with it more.

Someone point me to the recommendations for cool VR games aside from SUPER HOT, which I will probably check out soon

Echo Arena is free and a good excuse to get revive set up

Lune was very meditative and cool, for sort of a tech-demoish thing

Thumper is good.

The Climb looked interesting.

Airtone, which I linked in the Discord, looks like it could be cool.

I think Talos Principle has a VR mode? So does Alien Isolation (though I think it required a fan patch to activate). I think The Witness has a VR mode too.

Google Earth looks amazing.

I know Raw Data was popular for a while but I think it’s just the fidelity of controls in the shooting galleries keep improving and it was just the best for a time. I don’t know what would be most popular now.

Job Simulator and Vacation Simulator are supposed to be cute.

People say Audioshield is good but I’m always skeptical of automated custom music charts in rhythm games. You might want to look into it though.

Buy the $40 Million Arthur game and let me know how it is.

Alice Mystery Garden looks cute.

You can also go down the Illusion Soft hole if you want a facsimile of Summer Lesson.

1 Like

I just remembered that Legend of Grimrock had some sort of VR support way back and I think it came from this VorpX thing, which can add 3D VR support to a lot of regular games. It looks like it costs money though.

I also remembered reading that if you fall asleep with your headset on you’ll get a nice 10 seconds of confusion when you Wake Up In Another World.

4 Likes

oh my god this thought had never occurred to me, this is amazing

1 Like

I googled to read about people’s experiences of this found surprisingly few results. I can’t imagine it gives you a great sleep due to the bright screen constantly shining onto your eyelids but it sounds like it would be a neat and/or scary thing to experience every now and then. I know Sony released an app for cell phones where they can connect to a PS4 and you can browse them in VR, the idea being that you can relax and browse your phone in different environments away from your boring old living room. You could probably spend your entire night and morning in VR because I’m sure a ton of people when they wake up they just browse their phone anyway.

For anyone reading this thread here is your free million dollar idea: a VR game designed around sleeping with your anime lover. Just imagine the number of people who would want to wake up in the morning lying next to Hatsune Miku or Sonic the Hedgehog.

Also: on the previous game lists I forgot to mention Rez Infinite.

2 Likes

re-upping

Stellaris is $12 in some humble bundle right now, that’s a pretty good game right

Its good now that it had a few dlc releases to make it feel less desolate

You should pick up the dlc when its on sale asap

It asks a lot of you for it to actually be good compared to ck2

The Witness is $10 this weekend on Steam

That is by far the cheapest I have ever seen it and I have been watching/waiting quite awhile.

1 Like

The improved version is even cheaper! http://store.steampowered.com/app/266010/LYNE/

4 Likes

Milkman why would you say this >:(

6 Likes

Lyne guy is much nicer than Witness guy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

there’s an Amazon warehouse deal on that “affordable” UHD60 4K projector for… $1400

this is almost 1/3 off of the list price six months ago but it’s also $1100 more than I’ve ever spent on any kind of display

I think I’m gonna keep watching movies in 720p for another few months but this is gonna be the year, I know it is

2 Likes

Projector are cool because you can make them huge and viewing angles aren’t an issue. I’ve always been intrigued.

But OLED have such amazing picture quality. And many of them are pretty low latency. and the viewing angles are finally acceptable. Its enough to finally consider getting rid of my plasma.

I might consider a new display but then I’d have to start selling my plasma!

yukyukyuk

8 Likes