god, i'm so sorry (superhero-comicbook nonsense)

this is just further evidence that The Canon is so overarchingly stupid that the best response to it is always to just work around it, a la Shane Black

It’s weird to rewatch older MCU movies and see how much more self conscious they were about this. I mean IM3 is openly defiant and flippant about it which is great, but like there is a scene in the Ed Norton Hulk movie where he holds up a pair of ICONIC PURPLE PANTS and is like “haha lame right… Super lame… no self respecting CINEMATIC HERO would wear such a garment… LOL…” I respect that they went from that to basically designing a 10 year plot arc around a purple giant in gold armor and magic rocks.

For me the sweet spot is turning the comic book version of Arnim Zola’s weird TMNT esque design into an ancient evil super-computer

5 Likes
1 Like

handsome sad batman or bust, hollywood

Batwoman’s BRIGHT LIPSTICK that she doesn’t have in street clothes is driving me mad.

I laughed at the part in the new xmen trailer where magneto says “You’re always sorry charles, and there’s always a speech, and no one cares.” that’s a good one

10 Likes

Pattinson has a weird energy and the thousand-yard stare that only comes with violent trauma or wrestling through an entire Twilight franchise. He’s a Keaton choice. Could The Batman actually be… interesting? D:

5 Likes

It’s Matt Reeves so I’m hopeful!

Cosmopolis as Batman canon seems like a good idea.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I keep thinking of this every time I remember this movie and I laugh out loud

4 Likes

warnerbros is gonna cancel all the dc stuff watch

I said this in the e3 thread: Ultimate Alliance 3 looks way better than the new avengers game. Like it looks like a mid tier action RPG, but everything about avengers makes it sound like it’s that but with a whole lot of camera winking.

And instead of five boring versions of four boring dudes, and one boring girl doing Civil War part 300, I’m much more here for giant clusterfuck of Miles Morales and Elsa bloodstone killing MODOKs

2 Likes

I hope hope hope that all the NEXTWAVE characters make it into MUA3

1 Like

Shit I would love it if I could break things with a ‘standard array of generic super powers’ with The Captain.

Boom Boom’s gotta be in this right?

1 Like

Hopefully also Aaron Stack (though probably as Machine Man) and Monica Rambeau.

1 Like

it’s actually unbelievable that even after the MCU has gotten so much bigger they are making this game focused on a ton of white dudes + black widow’s butt

:servbotsalute:

4 Likes

:servbotsalute: