genshin impact

One thing to keep in mind is due to how the game’s designed characters are basically weapons. You’re expected to switch between them situationally like you’d switch between weapons and spells in a one-character game like Zelda.

I don’t use any archer, I just go double melee/double book because I have a dumb setup (Barbara exists to heal and spread buffs to people who can actually murder) and even dumber weapon/artifact setups (I have Lisa setup with as much ATK and crit as I can manage)

anyway, I think the main benefit of an archer is that they theoretically have infinite range as good as your aim and that weak spot hits count as crits so you could just load an archer with crit damage and ATK and hit headshots all day

Hoping and praying for a fourth character with an eye patch to be added so I can run an all cyclops party

1 Like

someone tell me more about the lesbian

1 Like

somewhere between laughing nervously and “I’m crying”

I’ve been watching a few streams and its very soft and pretty but I can’t shake the feeling of the game being a Trojan horse. Like the font choices, menu design and size of the HUD elements all feel slightly off to me. It’s also a sort of non-descript world.

I’ve read that people seem to not mind the gacha elements but I feel like the presence of them regardless of decent rates always has a strange knock-on effect on enjoyment.

1 Like

i’ve been having some fun with this game. don’t really know or even care what I’m doing yet. it’s pleasant enough, and I like how utterly painless it is to swap back and forth between PC and phone.

This is pretty interesting since the devs have themselves described this game as basically being their previous game, Honkai Impact 3rd, wrapped in a form more palatable to foreign audiences that might otherwise be initially repelled by the gacha core, so it is indeed designed as a trojan horse of sorts.

2 Likes

is anyone else having connection issues?

If you never feel frustrated enough to want to pay, the gacha mechanics have failed!
They’re predatory at their core, like artificial wait times that can be skipped with cash like in something like Farmville

Any game with gacha that can be bought with real cash is rightfully instantly dubious IMO, no matter how good the rates seem and how easy the beginning is with any character

It’s also annoying to play games in which the super-rich players have a massive advantage over the plebes, just like in every other aspect of their lives

6 Likes

I’ve mentally sorted this game into the bin of ‘I can enjoy this by just looking at the art’ so will probably never play it. However, I do wonder if this is the start of a bigger trend to marry AAA home console videogames with gacha in a less obstrusive way. There seems to have been no large-scale backlash to this and I wonder if the marketing was just really smart to posit this as a BotW style fully-fledged game. I assumed it was a premium purchase right up until release.

lol

i dont necessarily blame the developers for this as they are likely just trying to find the easiest way to avoid getting their game arbitrarily destroyed, but still, lol

5 Likes

Yeah unfortunately any MLC dev or publisher working in the area has to comply but its gross. I believe PUBG still censors this as well. Sadly, I don’t think this will be noticed or cared about by many players.

1 Like

i didn’t even know there was a chat function until people started talking about this

1 Like

i’ve got an impacted genshin which means i have been playing this a lot

1 Like

starting to think the artifact stat strategy is like PSO2 where you go “lol damage isn’t real just dodge shit stupid”

boutta use a guide to get these culus’

been somewhat tempted to try this out. is there any multiplayer aspect to it at all?

i think there’s some co-op for dungeons and exploring the world (but not story stuff) but i didn’t unlock it til quite a ways in (adventurer level 15, i think? maybe 16? it took awhile at the pretty relaxed pace i’ve been at)

from my understanding it’s 2-4 players with 2 players controlling 2 characters each or 4 players controlling 1 each? not sure what happens with 3 players lol. i think there’s ps4/pc/mobile crossplay?

1 Like

yeah physical got it right.

used a guide to get all the wind statue upgrades and the ladt one was right at the beginning lol