Gamestop

every trading app is down now so like go have breakfast first at least

2 Likes

frozen at 269.69???

3 Likes

where were you when the global financial system paid script kids to ddos every broker on the planet to stop gamestop from triggering the great depression

8 Likes

22 Likes
18 Likes

anyway once again this is why we no longer need professional or fan fiction

2 Likes

dreams do come true

8 Likes

Wall Street Kid Jr.

5 Likes

I had been assuming that was an intentional bit of design, but now knowing that community didn’t spring up just for the GameStop thing I guess the concept of what a “cool” stock broker looks like is some kind of culturally universal monomyth like the great flood.

9 Likes

game, stop

3 Likes

Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy when the prices fell

5 Likes
11 Likes

online meme movements even when acted out in jest can now become coordinated enough to enact real effects on the real world. It’s not just a weird story every few months; it’s a consistent pattern of random events towards weird. The systems that have always been the most illusory and predicated on shared assumptions of behavior are the most vulnerable

19 Likes

22 Likes

eyes bulging out of skull, nervously pacing back and forth while holding a cannonball for no reason

11 Likes
10 Likes

god that smirking mascot

we had like three effigies of it in the backroom that we had to hide every time the district manager visited

6 Likes

some of my friends are talking about this in our whatsapp and im honestly relieved this shit is some bizarre language i can’t comprehend

3 Likes

It’s beautiful that this is happening with not just a dying retail business, but the dying retail business: one in which the physical good is almost unnecessary and the consumers are the most likely to use digital distribution. I don’t know anything about their fundamentals but there are few business models more insolvent than a store where you buy video games on discs.

13 Likes

b-but u can also buy funko pops there!

3 Likes