Games you've bought more than once

Split/Second - on X360 + bought a cheap copy for youngest brother, on PS3 because it was a steal for 5er? or less, on PC because 4k.

Star Ocean 4 - on X360, on PS3 in a sale.

Nier - on X360, on PS3 (because it was dirt cheap) and … well, replicant version doesn’t count, huh.

Remember me - on X360, on PS3 because it was dirt cheap.

Bayonetta - on X360, on PS3 for 3$ to see how bad it is, on PC because 4k.

Vanquish - on X360, on PC because 4k … we kinda start to see a pattern, huh?

:servbotsalute:

Honorable not-mention: SotC and ICO for having them on PS2,3,4… when the next release is due, surely will plunge down the cash again. And again. And again…

2 Likes

I sometimes sell a game when I think I’m done playing it only to realize that I wasn’t done playing it. Doesn’t happen that often though. Oh, and when I realize I’d rather play it on another platform, like selling the Switch version and going for the PS4 or Xbone version instead. I usually get the Switch version first to see how good it looks in handheld mode, but many multiplatform releases seem to be optimized for 1080p and look not good in 720.

1 Like

I skipped this thread originally because I was terrified of the times I’d bought all kinds of games because of my international moves and my hobby of Going Places That Sell Games.

I’ve never been a duplicate game haver but maybe the closest on this forum given the results of this thread.

1 Like

GTAV, bought on PS4, then realized there’s a superior version (does that count as a remaster?) on Steam that my 2020 mid-range gaming laptop can actually run so I “had” to buy that version and did, pretty much knowing I wouldn’t be able to return the PS4 version 'cause I already started the download or something their horrible return policy forbids.

Have re-bought nine or so DC fighting games since selling my DC stuff four years ago…

Also VF4 Evo, I think I sold my original copy at that same time–sold pretty much all my 3D PS1/2 games thinking I was done with 3D. ; D

Re-bought maybe six or so NGPC games after an SNK mini tote of NGPC stuff got swiped from checked airplane luggage once: MotM, don’t really remember what else. CFC, maybe.

Two used copies of CvS Pro for PS1 'cause the 1st one had a scratch that glitched the music or something out.

Three FF1 carts 'cause the first two didn’t work.

SF 30th Anniversary Collection: had on PS4, bought later on Steam 'cause you can extract the arcade ROMs from that one. Same for Arcade Game Series Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Dig Dug.

3 Likes

Just bought ghost in the shell ps2 for the 3rd time the other day

14 Likes

i have two copies of certain old games because i got them in lots at garage sales — Megaman/Rockman 1 and 2, some of the md Sonic games

i think the only other examples are the sheer number of different copies i have of the zero escape games. i’ve got two copies of 999 on ds, one was the first one i bought and the other because i thought i had lost the first one (i’m thankful because they have the two different box arts so that’s something), i got VLR on 3ds before i knew about the debilitating bugs and then bought it on vita when i wanted to replay it, and i got the steam + vita versions of ZTD on day one. not to mention getting the vita version of nonary games (it’s bad, don’t play it), making it by far the series for which i’ve got the most repeat copies in my collection.

2 Likes

Just recently opened a box and stared at my Zero Escape Watch. “I own this.” i thought.

8 Likes

so, because it’s on brand, i’ll mention that i have had multiple copies and editions of final fantasty xii and kh 1 and 2. i must always own these 3 games no matter what. i thought ab getting the epic games copy of kh but i keep holding out for steam release. i have also owned hotel dusk: room 215 and the first 4 phoenix wright games more than once ( because i’m an og )

3 Likes