Games you would put on the PlayStation Classic

Have y’all tried playing Lammy on PS3? Or Vita? The LCD lag kills it :confused:

or I could just be terrible at it, but I think there’s significant input lag

i usually play on vita or psp and there’s not any significant lag on those systems (maybe emulation introduces some idk), and lammy/parappa are also fairly latency agnostic when you’re freestyling anyway!

just fill it with stuff from this playlist imo

1 Like

yeah im nominating 3 for the overall package. it’s an amazing time capsule & and uniquely successful as a translation of a very print design aesthetic to a user interface

2 Likes

I would go for 2097 as it had firestarter

5 Likes

I only buy mini consoles to hack them. I think they’re really cute and I like the idea of official emulators.
If this thing is hackable I’m immediately deleting half this list and putting sotn on it to start lol

People see software or practically anything that can be distributed digitally as being devoid of value. Good example of this is the music industry in the early 2000s. No one had any issue with paying for music, but they did it by buying $400 iPods to hold music they downloaded for free instead of paying for $14 albums.

Retro games are having a similar issue. The value of a retro game is effectively considered to be free because they are trivial to obtain for free on the Internet, and emulators have gotten so good that (especially in the case of 3D systems) results can be better than the original game. Because of this, the bar official emulation products need to hit is incredibly high for anyone to feel like like it is worth paying a single cent for.

The solution: bundle your somewhat mediocre official emulation software with physical hardware, because people perceive value in that that they don’t for a product that is purely software, and you’ll print money.

8 Likes

I think a great part of the draw of these things is to be part of something. You get a good feeling from that. And it’s “official.” That feels like… something. You don’t get that feeling from setting up your emulator by your lonesome. It’s why some people put on the radio or turn on the TV while they’re doing stuff. To be connected. You don’t get that same feeling from putting on a DVD. Am I the only one who feels like this? Is that just me?

4 Likes

My gold standard for old game rereleases is those capcom game books that came out in the ps3 era. just the capcom generation series from 98 in hardcover books with guides and other info. They should have never stopped porting old games to ps1. everybody on earth has a ps1, 2 or 3 and you automatically have the option of 240p on a crt or hd upscaled on a ps3. Plus one cd holds just enough for one game with redbook audio and galleries, etc.

1 Like

i bought a bunch of those sega ages 2500 ps2 rereleases back in the day, they were great

3 Likes

i’d buy these things if they had the means to play physical games, with no region lock.
chinese pirates do what japanese conglomerates don’t

2 Likes

officially my favorite Timvid

3 Likes

At least SOMEONE likes Beyond The Beyond!!

2 Likes

yeah, it was gooood

menu entries stashed away on this thing reveal a better world:
Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s Stone
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2
Medievil
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Medal of Honor
Vagrant Story
Tomba
Crash Bandicoot
Suikoden
Mega Man Legends
Kagero Xevious 3D
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skateboarding
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider II
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter EX Plus
Silent Hill
Ridge Racer
Ray Storm
Parappa the Rappa
Mr. Driller G
Kula World
Klonoa: Door to Phantomville
Gran Turismo
Fighting Force
Ehrgeiz
Toy Story 2
Driver
Colin Mcrae Rally
Crash Bandicoot 2
Parasite Eve for NA
Paca Paca Passion

3 Likes

Whoa, yes, that is a great list

a little too european but pretty good

I feel that way about france

3 Likes

They’re saving these for the PSOne Classic.

4 Likes

Need to merge that Axe thread that was just dozens of lists of better games that could have gone on this thing.